• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook

girlygirl1

I was searching online for a wee stocking-filler for three UK post-op (gastric bypass) friends, and have just found 'Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies' on amazon.co.uk. It costs £7.50 (less for a 'used' copy amazon marketplace - I buy loads of books there). The reviewers give it four-and-a-half stars, the highest rating I have seen to date for a WLS recipe book.

Many of you may already have it but those who don't, and who are stuck for interesting and tasty meal ideas, might find it useful.

P.S.

Oops! Just noticed lots of earlier posts that praise this book. Consider the subject 'bumped'.

Bought another book which I Think is brilliant was recomended on here its not a cookbook its called the emotional first + aid kit by cynthia alexander its about learning strategies for dealing with emotional difficulties encountered before and after weighloss surgery.

Hi

One of the best WLS cook books is Return to slender by Carol Bowen Ball, also on Amazon.

Thats a great cook book written by a bypass patient, and her second book is just as good. And that's Return to Slender second helpings which has more dessert menus in it.

Paul

It's well worth getting, and being written by a uk author the ingredients are easily bought, some American books have ingredients you cannot get over here.

Paul

Hi

One of the best WLS cook books is Return to slender by Carol Bowen Ball, also on Amazon.

Thats a great cook book written by a bypass patient, and her second book is just as good. And that's Return to Slender second helpings which has more dessert menus in it.

Paul

Carol has a good website / blog & it is free to join up to get the latest updates. Also you can follow her on Facebook. She always replies to emails & posts too. Lovely lady & great books.

Back