• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight watchers leaders....grrrr!

I find no matter how many years break I had from whichever group the same old faces were there mine included!
Its BIG business and they like to keep the numbers up after all if we all lost and didnt NEED to go back they would be out of jobs.The percentage of permanent losers must be small in the grand scheme of things.So they are not money spinners!
How many of us signed up pre/post Xmas and summer hols?Strange they have free or reduced offers at these times?
Then there are ww foods that get pushed which are small,fluffy foods with little nutrition in them.Sure you will lose weight a bloody mouse would eating that stuff.
I think it encourages yo yo dieting the bane of the 20th century.Maz x

I found that too Maz. Even my consultant was obese when I was 19 and obese when I went back at 26. And she had been a consultant for 25 years.

Madness!

And yes, the same faces sitting their clapping and losing, regaining, leave, rejoin etc lol

I was open with my leader from day one as the application for funding had just been sent off. I followed the plan & lost just over 2st in the 8mths before surgery. Since my surgery I've lost a little over another 5 . A total of 107lbs, last night I hit 100lbs since joining weight watchers. I get good support from my leader but have witnessed her concern for a gentleman who was losing a lot of weight very quickly some time 7-11lbs on a week. She spoke to him congratulating him on his losses but also voicing her concerns whether he was eating enough as in using his points etc explaining that the system was worked out to lose a safe amount according to the points your weight allows. If he wasn't eating properly he was risking his health. That she had to speak to him as her manager & head office would be concerned & tell her off for not doing her job properly if she didn't check the reason for his losses. So yes he was congratulated for losing, told off for losing so much so fast & supported in eating healthily & safely.
I can see both sides but if you haven't explained your personal situation your leader will follow protocol in your case not perhaps as sensitively as she should do. If your open with her & she has to keep it confidential from the rest of the group she can add it to her note she's covered & you are supported appropriately. Otherwise your at risk of it being repeated again. By all means report her manner but be honest with them as to why you had such a fantastic loss so they will support you & her to ensure your time with the group is a pleasant & supportive experience.

Sorry just read the bit about you already telling her so perhaps I'm lucky & have a great leader yours sounds very much follow the prescribed role where as mine is more human & humane.

I'd complain.

It doesn't matter if you had surgery or not WW is meant to be a place where overweight people get SUPPORT and are NOT JUDGED and it's supposed to be a place to MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF.

I'm not a big fan of WW because at the end of the day it's a business, and if they make everyone slim they're out of business, so what do they do to keep business rolling.

HiddenBeauty said:
I'd complain.

It doesn't matter if you had surgery or not WW is meant to be a place where overweight people get SUPPORT and are NOT JUDGED and it's supposed to be a place to MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF.

I'm not a big fan of WW because at the end of the day it's a business, and if they make everyone slim they're out of business, so what do they do to keep business rolling.

I believe the same about slimfast lol

It's so full of sugar you never stop your sugar addiction, so you lose a bit, still crave crap and then you try it again.

The only winner is........lol

Back