• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What`s for dinner.....

belbouteloup

Hi guys
Very low on inspiration at the mo, and have got to the point where i dont want to eat, rather than have the same old thing every night, been having half a small butternut squash ,roasted with garlic and chilli and at the last ten mins i mix some feta and fresh spinach in the hole bit,delish but sooooooo over it, can you all tell me what you`ve had for lunch or dinner, to give me a bit of variety,my weight pre op was 14.12 stone and am now 12.9 (still cant work out the ticker thing !!), so thrilled to pieces,but i need variety.:)
thank you in advance lovely peeps xxxxxx
p.s did someone say skinny cow ice cream was ok without the dump factor ?
Also can someone recommend a nice festive tipple that is ok post bypass, does wine make you dump ? i usually drink vodka and tonic, but cant because of the bubbles and hate mixing with orange, could you have a cocktail or is the alcohol too sweet ?

Last edited:
Hi,

I had band fitted 3rd Nov, and 1st fill 8th Dec. Just starting on semi solids, and so tonight is my hubby's favourite - corned beef and rice a west indian dish that lis absolutely delish! fry lite sme v finely choped onions, add garlic, a little salt& pepper, once soft, add tin of reduced fat corned beef, all purpose seansoning,3/4 tin of chopped toms, and a squirt tom ketchup, simmer for 15 mins 'ish and serve with Rice and sweetcorn (if you can eat it - I have to put mine with mash potatoe. It doesn't look too apetising, but we love it!

I find adding seasoning to all my bland food really helps. Like All Purpose seasoning, Jerk, chinese spices, just makes it more interesting.

Not sure if that helps, as dont know what your current diet consists of.

Good luck, sounds like you're doing brilliantly!

Love Karen x

What food stage are you in, I can't remember? Also, I noticed your main dish you love was veggie, do you eat meat? Just so I can get my suggestions right!;)

Aww bless you,yes I do eat meat,just finding it a bit hard to stomach at the mo,can eat pretty much anything ,just that meat seems to give me that chest pain that happens ,and to top that I hate milk,so am pretty low on protein,probably why I feel so tired all the time.love your suggestions always a great help.

Last night - Small jacket potatoe, chilli over the top and a handfull of grated cheese on top of that, melted under the grill

Tonight - Chinese take away !

Oh, that sounds nice. Yummm:D

You need to undate your stats as it still says you're on slimfast.

Shock horror but I am having ready meals for dinner most days. I usually choose the healthy choice range and also have had some really nice ones aimed at children. These particularly are exactly the right size portion wise.

I just can't be bothered to cook for one and although ready meals have a bad rap they aren't all bad.

Captain Mr silver surfer sir what did you have from the chinese? I've only dared try chicken chow mein (asking for it with little oil) but would like to look at other options!

Captain Mr silver surfer sir what did you have from the chinese? I've only dared try chicken chow mein (asking for it with little oil) but would like to look at other options!

I had Singapore rice noodles, sweet and sour prawns hong kong style, a spoon full of chicken chop suey, 2 slices of lemon chicken and a spoonful of bean sprouts which all went done marvelously :D

ooh Richard stop it,I'm dribbling , the thought of sweet and sour prawns..mmmeven a grain of rice makes me feel like I've swallowed a pair of chopsticks ! Fabulous, you lucky thing x

Do you like fish, if so try this....

Ingredients

1 Salmon fillet (no skin)
1/2 tsp chilli powder (whatever strength you like or fresh even)
1 Garlic clove
Clear Honey
Salt and Pepper

Method

Place fish on baking tray, spread fish with honey (thin layer) and apply 3 thin slices of garlic, sprinkle on chilli powder or chillies, season.

Cook for 25 mins at 190c (not sure of gas cookers)

Serve with either boiled, mashed or chipped potatoes and vegetables of choice.

wow thanks Pg,those recipies are awesome,really gorgeous.I shall be very busy in the kitchen methinks tomorrow.I will try the chicken pancake,my hub will be in shock ,havnt had a proper cook up in ages. Thanks Hun x

...Shock horror but I am having ready meals for dinner most days ... I just can't be bothered to cook for one and although ready meals have a bad rap they aren't all bad

Same here! As hubby says, so long as I am eating something that is all that matters! He is big on curries, spicy stuff etc & I dn't like all that so we do our thing - hence the can't be bothered to do for just me!

Hey, no biggy & I'm not going to stress over it - I think 30-odd years of doing that has done damage enough!

Back