• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What tips were you given that really helped?

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Hi all,

I'm interested to hear what tips you received pre-op which were the most useful?

For me there were 2 biggies -

Mandy telling me to get joggers for afterwards, I live in jeans and wouldn't have thought to! Sure enough I lived in joggers post op. Sooo comfy.

Neen saying about Benefibre. That stuff has been a miracle! I had horrid diarrhea from day 1 to day 4 post op continuously and after 2 days on Benefibre started going back to normal by day 8 post op.

Great idea for a thread Shel :) Will be really handy for people preparing for their operations!

For me, the fact that I would need really roomy PJ bottoms was great - it hadn't occurred to me that my tummy would be so swollen.

Also, sleeping with a huge cushion off the sofa under my pillow so I was propped up - made all the difference in the world to me (thanks Neem!)

And finally: Gripe Water. The best wind remedy there is. Thanks Livvy & Ali for that one

Alice xxx

Great thread Shell - my suggestions would be
baggy clothes and slip on shoes (no laces so no bending!!) for going home in. Wetwipes and lypsyll essential for freshening up in hospital.
Gripe water by the bucket for the first few days post-op and syrup of figs (yukky but effective!) for post-op constipation
V-Pillow, and lots of supporting pillows for the dreaded sleeping on your back.
And of course the most important thing of the lot is a whole load of minimiers to chat to and support you of course!!

well i used a sports bottle that can either go round waste or neck . any supermarket sould sell them. i got the kind thats like a straw inside with a spring type lid. seems to keep the drink more fresh.

Also i used to fill it with lightly flavored water as it does start getting very boring with plain water

Back