• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

whats everyones vitamin/ supplement regime

JOHNG79

Nearly 8 mths post op.

Read a lot about different calciums (carbonate v citrate), iron (ferrous fumarate v sulphate) etc.

Im on 2 adcal d3 & 2 ferrous sulphate a day.

Gp also gives me vit b compound hard tabs 3 per day

Also have 2 centrum advance per day, with additional vitamin d supps. Started using floradix magnesium drink, as apparently it can aid fatigue.

B12 jabs regular as clockwork.

Anyone else differ with my list to a significant degree?

Hannah2

I take 2 x calceos tabs (calcium & vit D)
1 x sanatogen multi vit
1 x spatone iron drink sachet
Oral vit D spray
Oral B12 spray

I haven't needed B12 jabs yet as levels haven't dropped

And my lansaprazol oral dispersible tablet

That's it. Levels ok so far at nearly 13 months out.

JOHNG79

woww no b12 jab? Thats really good. I find usually inside the week before im due mine, it feels like my battery cuts out completely, as if i need topped it lol.

Sadly im back on the same acid meds as before but thats life.

JOHNG79

I take 2 x calceos tabs (calcium & vit D)
1 x sanatogen multi vit
1 x spatone iron drink sachet
Oral vit D spray
Oral B12 spray

I haven't needed B12 jabs yet as levels haven't dropped

And my lansaprazol oral dispersible tablet

That's it. Levels ok so far at nearly 13 months out.

How do you feel yourself energywise 13mths out? Are you still losing weight or does that pretty much stop at some stage? Iv read allsorts between 12-18mths of the body catching on about the malabsorption of fats etc and finding other ways to get them in. Sneaky bugger haha

Hannah2

How do you feel yourself energywise 13mths out? Are you still losing weight or does that pretty much stop at some stage? Iv read allsorts between 12-18mths of the body catching on about the malabsorption of fats etc and finding other ways to get them in. Sneaky bugger haha
Hi John

I feel good energy wise so far. Was getting tired but iron levels were on low side, not enough for intervention apparently so I started taking the spatone iron and B12 spray and things improved massively.

Yes still losing weight but I was a slowish loser anyway. It normally slows down and levels off, but that is different for everyone.

Battle with head hunger and craving foods/ still wanting to comfort eat continues and gets harder but hopefully you learn the tools to recognise it and employ more control than before the op!

For the B12 consultant says levels usually start to drop off after a year but mine seem ok so far. As soon as they drop or I start to feel fatigue I will be getting those jabs! Lol!

SAM55

Nearly 8 mths post op.

Read a lot about different calciums (carbonate v citrate), iron (ferrous fumarate v sulphate) etc.

Im on 2 adcal d3 & 2 ferrous sulphate a day.

Gp also gives me vit b compound hard tabs 3 per day

Also have 2 centrum advance per day, with additional vitamin d supps. Started using floradix magnesium drink, as apparently it can aid fatigue.

B12 jabs regular as clockwork.

Anyone else differ with my list to a significant degree?
1 Forecval A-Z. My dietitian very keen on this one (available on prescription) as she says it contains the minerals that may not be found in others.

Feroglobin liquid for iron and lots of other vits and mins - doesn't constipate (have taken it for years and my iron levels are always good)

1 or 2 depending on time of year CytoplanVit D3 - cannot cope with the calichew type that are Vit D and calcium combined. Make sure I keep my calcium levels up through diet with natural calcium - cheese, yoghurt, avoiding the added calcium to products such soya milk as it causes me constipation

1 Cytoplan Magnesium Citrate, again helps with constipation as it relaxes the colon

B12 injection every 3 months