• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

yeahs or nays food wise post bypass!

Caroline101061

Hi everyone

Just reading some of these posts and was pleasantly suprised to see that someone could tolerate peanut butter which I used to love - this got me thinking about what will or wont cause dumping condiment wise! Here is my list - if you could let me know if they are ok for you or to be avoided, it would be appreciated (not advocating eating loads but a teaspoon with food occasionally....)
Tomato Ketchup
Peanut Butter
Piccalilli
Branston Pickle
Pickled cucumbers

Think thats it!

I have had no probs with any of them things post op. But everyone id differant some people never dump and some dump at the site of sugar

i am avoiding ketchup because of the sugar content as I am a sensitive dumper. Have had pickled gherkins once since op and was ok so I guess the pickled cucumber should be ok.

Like the others have said it really depends on how sugar sensitive you really are. My tolerance is pretty high so I have managed most of the things on your list, can't say all because I have never tried a couple even pre-op. I eat peanut butter often but I buy the low sugar one just to be safe. I adore pickles, I am a huge fan of vinegar and have had them loads but I like the less sweet variety personally since that is type I bought in America. I have had ketchup a few times, no problem but only a tiny bit.

If you truly love those items and are willing to risk it, try them. If you are scared of dumping or think you have a low sugar tolerance post-op like some do, don't take the chance because dumping is not nice.

Nic:p

Thanks for everyone's imput - managed to avoid dumping thus far as Im a coward but sometimes I just fancy a bit of something different. Maybe will try over a weekend when I can collapse on my bed if it all goes horribly wrong.

Try making your own relishes/pickles dead easy,you control what goes in them or look for low sugar alternatives.Lots of different herbs/peppers/courgette/onion,red cabbage,carrots few raisins chopped/blitzed. mix with balsamic vinegar,black pepper,lea and perrins or whatever you fancy make nice tasty treat.

I get organic peatnut butter which has no sugar in it. Doesn't affect me and I'm quite sensitive. I also have ketchup/brown sauce quite regularly too.

i just blend the nuts as they naturally have enough oil in. Takes a bit of doing but it is so worth it, I dry roasted some penuts and assed them the otherday and the taste was devine

you guys are so inventive and clever - when it comes to cookery I am a total numpty and a lazy one at that. I also find trying to prepare food a nightmare when I have no appetite!

Back