• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

YES!!! i did it!!!!

tendersage

I only went and put my swimming cossie on and climbed into a public pool for the firdt time in years. I managed 20 lengths doing 2 at a time a couple mins break to get my breath back then back for more, i did manage one lot of 4 lengths without stopping :)

Believe me just going on my own is an achievement without my glasses on i can see nothing but a blur... i wandered out to the pool with them on as i had no idea of the lay out, and left them with a lifeguard, well on the ledge by him.

I WILL be going again and i will join the harpers club in a onth or two when i know the place somewhat better. what i am looking ot do is increase the number of lengths i can do without stopping, so next time i plan on doing that twice. and 20 laps will be my minimum.

Time wise it takes me about 4 hours to get there, changed do the swim and get back home, so its not going to be more then twice per work break

wow well done, thats a great achievement i bet you feel so proud of yourself, i love swimming to and i must get back in to some sort of routine again.

liz x

Thanks claire :) i feel sooo good for having done it

That a great start Tendersage. I call the gym and told them to reactivate my membership so I can start going again. They have had it froze for me since just before xmas so I didnt have to pay. So I to will be starting again in a couple of days

teen its the best thing i have done since the op, and i am sure you will do well swimming :)

Well done! I'm just gathering up the courage to go swimming with my little one, I keep putting it off cos I'm embarrassed and that's not fair on him so I'm going on Wednesday. I'm also half-blind without my glasses so I know how scary that is. You're doing so well, onwards and upwards! x

:clap: well done TS. If you decide to keep it up long term it might be worth looking at prescription goggles ;)

Nice one Tendersage,

You have taken a major step. Keep it up matexx

well done!

well done swimming is great exercise i love it its so relaxing for you good on ya!!!xx

Superb TS... well done x

Me an inspiration? LOL i feel new at this, and was all blokes in the pool, and my swimsuit top kept slipping downwards i need a new one and fast!

congrats hun .... i know how women get around pools in swimming cozzie.... so congrats on doing it and everyone is there for the same reason no matter how large or small they are .. they all wana be fitter so i wouldent care ....

i havent been in a pool for a year since i left australia . i had my own pool in the garden and was in it most days it became a part of life im looking forward to swimming again sometime however i find i pref keeping fit in a pool in a fun way and not doing laps .. as i get bored easy and wana give up..

always find it better when there is a few of you as it keeps you going ..

but keep up the good work and you will be like pammy soon enough xxx

Thanks brett and yes would be good for a few to go with me however my life has consisted of sleep, work and jonah the past 3 years in london so not really had time ot make friends here, most of them live in various parts of the UK LOL does make life difficult when i want to go out for a drink ect. But who knows might make some new friends whilst swimming.

i think i judged it just right my legs did not feel totally heavy after i got out, and the top inner part of my arms only ached for about 30 mins and it was only mild. I might even go again tomorrow

yea know what u mean i was saying this to the other half hard to make friends in london.. it can be a very lonley place.

we have been here since july and not made one new friend out and about .. only ones i could are poofs and they want more than a friendship ..

and my other half is a bank manager and hard for him to make friends out of his staff ..

so we do most things alone ..

what part of london are u ?

wembley brett and i would meet up with you both for a drink anytime... or coffee ect lol you know exactly what i mean, never know you might fing you gasp like me enough to want to do it again :p

Back