• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

You have such a pretty face! The story begins!

Cowgirl

Licks the lid of life!
“You’ve got such a pretty face!”.
That’s what people say to me. Only the face mind, they can’t say “You’re so pretty” as a package!
Just the face. OK?

Right, now that we’re clear on that I’ll tell you why. It’s not because I have 3 arms, 1 leg and a tit and a half, its because I’m fat, overweight, obese, chunky, plump, larger, plus size or what ever other label society wants to throw at me! I am 28 right now and I’ve always been a big girl! Lovely, adorable chubby baby that you could really get hold of and squeeze her legs or grab her chops! Except that never went! But once you start school no one is interested in grabbing your legs and squeezing you with affection because you’re chubby! They would rather take the piss or just be plain nasty because they are too frightened of what fault you might see in them. But you get used to it, almost immune from the cruel actions of others and you even gain the talent to see when it’s coming. So what do you do about it? Smack every person in the mouth and use your weight advantage to knock their teeth out or you sit in doors crying everyday. NEVER!!!

You learn to fight back with words, you see everyone’s imperfections and take note of them for ammunition just in case they make a dig at you, then your prepared. One word and you can fly around and bowl them over with embarrassment because you’ve made them feel worse about themselves than you felt at their comment. You also have the power of others laughing at what you have said as well. Nothing draws a crowd better than a good slanging match and when you’re winning, you’re the hero. Not that this is the way it should be. What did your mother tell you?

“Just ignore them and walk away”.

Well that’s all well and good if you can get away from them. Chances are that you walk away saying nothing then they follow you and carry on humiliating you in front of the whole playground. No, if you do that you become the victim. Fight fire with fire right? An eye for an eye? It totally depends what level you take it to! You fight back too hard and you become the bully, you don’t fight enough you remain the victim. Where’s the happy medium? Truth is there isn’t one, it’s dog eat dog from the time you can talk until you’re 6 foot under no matter what you look like.

Not that I have ever been short of friends. I have always been very popular at school etc. Bubbly, confident, fun loving, but don’t call me fat! It’s like a red rag to a bull for an overweight person!

But what do you do when you become an adult. You can’t play the kid card anymore and tell them to stop looking or you’ll get your brother on to them, life just doesn’t work like that after the age of 16!

When you become an adult, you begin to hide your torment, you hold it in and do not let it show. If I can look like I don’t care what you said, then your don’t get the reaction you were looking for and then you feel the prick, not me. But as you grow up, you’re far less likely to be called silly names by people, they just use insults in different ways thinking you don’t mind!

My favourite one starts with “I’m not being rude but…..”
Of course you’re going to be rude or you wouldn’t feel the need to announce that you don’t mean to be rude before hand!

Oh and you have never thought the things that people suggest to you, never in my life have I had the inclination to diet, cut out fatty foods, only eat when I’m hungry, eat smaller portions or exercise more!

You haven’t got to be Jeremy Kyle to work that out. But people feel the need to tell you.

These are some of the best I’ve had in my life:

“You don’t really need that do you?”
No I don’t really need it, but I want it!

“Don’t spoil all your good work”
Look in the mirror and stop whining at me.

“I’m just trying to help you”
No you’re not, you’re trying to preach to me.

I don’t go around saying impertinent things to people no matter what their problem.
I don’t tell the super skinny that they need a few roast dinners to put on a few pounds.
I don’t tell bald people that their face lacks character because all people see is this big shiny space where their hair used to be.

What ever happened to live and let live?

God knows whoever came out with that load of b*llocks.

Well I’ve made a choice. A life changing choice. A choice that has made me sit up and face my fears, demons and enemies. At the age of 28, 5 foot 4 inches and 19 stones, I have decided to embark on the world of surgery. I am going to have a gastric band fitted inside me, around my stomach to make it smaller and assist me in losing weight. Easy option? No, I used to think people who had obesity surgery were taking the easy option. I obviously like food and eating or I wouldn’t be overweight in the first place.

Once I have this done I will never be able to eat a proper meal again. Never be able to go out and have a 3 course meal. A starter would be my limit. I will never be able to eat like everybody else ever again.

That’s a bit scary thinking I may have 50+ years to go yet! But is it worth the sacrifice to be healthy and happy? It is to me.

I don’t know how I’m going to feel, or how this will effect me, but I’m willing to share my whole journey with you, the good, the bad, the vomit, the pain & the will power!

Tuesday 28th October is my op date

I hope you enjoy it, here we go…..!

Hi Cowgirl I read your post and could feel your pain hun. For me I have never been over weight until I turned 40, I used to be really slim despite having had two children my youngest is now your age. All of a sudden the weight started creeping on. Last year when I was fourteen and a half stone and size 16 my elder very over weight all her life sister started buying me clothes from charity shops in size 24-26 saying it was time I covered up! Covered what exactly I dont know because I never show too much of anything. She knew at the time that I was struggling to get down to a healthier weight and I had told her of my troubles with reductil, orlistat, weight watchers, slimming world and weight management clinic. Everytime I lost a pound or two she laughed when I gained it back and more besides she laughed harder. I know it was her way of coping with her own weight issues but it has left me extremely sensitive on weight issues. When I am at work with size 10 females moaning and groaning because they have to lose a pound or two before their holidays when EVERYONE is saying they look lovely as they are. They ignore me I may as well not be in the room. I have been off sick for 5 weeks and apart from my boss only one person has been in touch saying she misses me, she is a girl of your age. My weight has increased to almost 17 stone now and I now longer wear nice clothes, I have not had a boyfriend for over 5 years, well who wants to have a fat woman on his arm, all body and small head. I used to go out regularly just to a local social club, I was on the committee and used to enjoy it but I have not been there for over two years. I have gained more weight since I stopped going and I dont want to see the expression on peoples faces that says I am hugh (you know the one). My polish aunt when she saw me earlier this year did a gesture with her arms to say how big I was, I felt so hurt and humilated. I agree that we are a whole package, I think I must have been badley wrapped, dropped on the floor a few times by the postman and kicked around the sorting office floor. I gling onto the fact I might get bypass surgery, I have jumped hoops to meet the criteria, all the boxes are ticked and its in the hands of the PCT. But it still kills me to wait I am still saying IF not WHEN, my time of the month is fast approching and the bit of me that is holding on to hope goes out the window when that comes and I will be Ms Negative once again. I know its all there bar a tick in the YES box but it may as well be a million miles away because that is what it feels like right this minute. Everyone seems to come along and before long they have a date I still dont know if I will ever get a date or be back to square one and what do I do then? Anyway cowgirl, you go girl and get your op and you ignore anyone and everyone that is negative to you. Your young and have your whole life a head of you go grab it by the short and curlies and live it to the full.....good luck hun, stick with that diet and get on the loosing side...xxxxx

Where r u having your op done cowgirl?? I go to Dolan Park on the 28th Oct, so same op day as u?? How u feeling about it?? I thought u hit the nail on the head

Thanks Charliegirl

I firmly believe you are going to get your bypass. Above and beyond anything else you want it enough. You'll get this, we'll write a letter and email every day until you get it!

Your sister has massive issues, but no one can help her with that until she admits them. You on the other hand have already made that step. Youre a beautiful person and soon you'll get what you want!xxx

Where r u having your op done cowgirl?? I go to Dolan Park on the 28th Oct, so same op day as u?? How u feeling about it?? I thought u hit the nail on the head

Hi Lanclass2

OMG someone who is having their op the same day as me! Excellent! Congratulations!

I'm having mine done at the Spire Roding Hospital in Redbridge Essex. I live in SE London. Are you on the pre op diet yet? Ive got a 2 week one and have lasted the first 3 days Phew! Only 11 to go! LOL

I'm feeling very excited and a little nervous, but want to get going. This pre op diet is awful and I just want to start with the band so I'm not hungry all the time! Every bloody advert is for food so the tv is driving me mad! I could almost bottle it, but that is only to do with the unknown and not because I think it is the wrong thing for me to do, this is totally right. Fat comfort blanket will be left on the operating table and I shall be out of my comfort zone. I am looking forward to the rest of my life and what is going to happen!
Love Gina

Last edited:
Thanks Charliegirl

I firmly believe you are going to get your bypass. Above and beyond anything else you want it enough. You'll get this, we'll write a letter and email every day until you get it!

Your sister has massive issues, but no one can help her with that until she admits them. You on the other hand have already made that step. Youre a beautiful person and soon you'll get what you want!xxx

Thanks for your kind words...xx

Even worse than
'you don't need that'
is 'go on, you KNOW you want it'...!

That's what I get from my 'friends' :rolleyes:

This thread shall live in my subscribed threads from now on, I look forward to finding out how you do :)

Good luck x

What I meant to say before I hit the send button by mistake is that, I thought u hit the nail on the head in your thread especially the bit where people like to tell u how to go about dieting & losing weight. Like u said, if only it was that easy lol. I haven`t always been fat, I only started piling the pounds/stones on when I met my husband and had kids. I just turned 30 this year and thought its high time I get my figure back so here I am, 11 days till my op and can`t wait to join the losing side.

Even worse than
'you don't need that'
is 'go on, you KNOW you want it'...!

That's what I get from my 'friends' :rolleyes:

This thread shall live in my subscribed threads from now on, I look forward to finding out how you do :)

Good luck x

Oh yeah you know it, the devil in disguise!!

What I meant to say before I hit the send button by mistake is that, I thought u hit the nail on the head in your thread especially the bit where people like to tell u how to go about dieting & losing weight. Like u said, if only it was that easy lol. I haven`t always been fat, I only started piling the pounds/stones on when I met my husband and had kids. I just turned 30 this year and thought its high time I get my figure back so here I am, 11 days till my op and can`t wait to join the losing side.

Do you mind me asking your start weight?

I started the pre op diet on tuesday at 19 stones 1lb and I've lost 5lb's so far.

What diet have you been given?

I only go for my consultation on Sunday but have pre booked my op date cos I thought the sooner the better. ( At least I might lose a bit before xmas before mother in law has a dig at " how much I love my food ". Not had pre op diet yet then but I started eating healthier this week. ( Don`t want to get to the consultation and b heavier than I said I was on the phone to my advisor lol ) In my booklet it says about the milk pre op diet so I`ll prob b on that. I`ll start it on Monday I reckon.

My start weight was 16 stone 1 but I`m now 15 stone 13. I weigh myself again on Mon and haven`t done too badly this week so hopefully I should`ve lost more. Things u have to do for an operation eh!!! I`m only 5 ft 1 so have a high BMI.

Hi Cowgirl,

Reading your story is like reading my own life story and my own dreams and nightmares...... I have my own beauty salon there are 3 of us who work there, 1 is a size 12, 1 is a size 14 and I am 'the pretty one' size 24!!! 'Oh but she has got such a pretty face' inside I know they are thinking shame about her FAT ARSE!!! Anyways I am going to prove to all my customers that I can do this and I will do this, they all know so I have alot of pressure. I had one of my stuck up customers yesterday say to me 'have you tried dieting!!!!', silly cow!. Ive told them all when I loose the wait I am going to go into work with black hotpants on and a pink boob tube (cause thats our shop colours) I know I wont cause I'll prob have 8 stone of skin dragging behind me!!.

Anyway Cowgirl I am having my op the day before you I am a stone heavier than you but am a perfect model height at 5 ft 7. I have been on my pre op diet for 11 days and have lost about 7lb.

So if I may we can take this journey together and have a little competition between ourselves, obviously NO PRESSURE!! Lets bring it on........

Dee xxx

I`ll join your comp too if u don`t mind, as I`ve got about the same amount to lose as u Dee and we all have the op around the same day!!! No pressure, but I bet I whip your arses lol ( not really !!! )

Excellent, I bet youre really excited about going on Sunday!
I had my consultation 9th September but had to wait for my op because I was going on a 2 week holiday on the 25th September.
I'm going to see the nutritionist at the hospital tomorrow and my surgeon is in the hospital tomorrow so im gonna ask him if it could be brought forward to next week but I doubt he'll let me! LOL

Hi Cowgirl,

Reading your story is like reading my own life story and my own dreams and nightmares...... I have my own beauty salon there are 3 of us who work there, 1 is a size 12, 1 is a size 14 and I am 'the pretty one' size 24!!! 'Oh but she has got such a pretty face' inside I know they are thinking shame about her FAT ARSE!!! Anyways I am going to prove to all my customers that I can do this and I will do this, they all know so I have alot of pressure. I had one of my stuck up customers yesterday say to me 'have you tried dieting!!!!', silly cow!. Ive told them all when I loose the wait I am going to go into work with black hotpants on and a pink boob tube (cause thats our shop colours) I know I wont cause I'll prob have 8 stone of skin dragging behind me!!.

Anyway Cowgirl I am having my op the day before you I am a stone heavier than you but am a perfect model height at 5 ft 7. I have been on my pre op diet for 11 days and have lost about 7lb.

So if I may we can take this journey together and have a little competition between ourselves, obviously NO PRESSURE!! Lets bring it on........

Dee xxx

Bring it on Dee, let the Pretty faced girls be baned and show all those stuck up w*nkers! LOL

I`ll join your comp too if u don`t mind, as I`ve got about the same amount to lose as u Dee and we all have the op around the same day!!! No pressure, but I bet I whip your arses lol ( not really !!! )

Competition is an unhealthy word for it, we're all doing this for ourselves. Its all the other b*stards that want us to compete with them. We'll have a geeing on partnership between the 3 of us! LOL

I am, I think I`ve got the longest list of questions in history to ask em ( they`re gonna love me lol ) All of this was quite a last min decision but if I hadn`t sorted it all out I`d have chickened out. Good luck with seeing if u can bring it forward!!

I am, I think I`ve got the longest list of questions in history to ask em ( they`re gonna love me lol ) All of this was quite a last min decision but if I hadn`t sorted it all out I`d have chickened out. Good luck with seeing if u can bring it forward!!

I doubt they will cos they like you to do this diet thing for 2 weeks first, but no harm in asking! LOL

Back