• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

You'll never believe it!

Bellydancer57

Now started bird watching at my house in France LOL proud owner of new binoculars & RSPB book. I keep jumping up & down running to grab the binoculars every time I see a bird in the garden. Think I'm actually frightening them off. In all seriousness I am such a city dweller, live in central London, it's like I've turned into Kate Humble Springwatch Live.
Amazing markings & colourings & have managed to start identifying them. Saw a huge buzzard yesterday.
Am I turning into a real freak since my weight loss?:eek:

I love bird watching, I'm from a seaside city but when I went back to college it was an agricultural college in the heart of the countryside and I realised that I'm a country girl at heart. I've now moved inland and have a massive garden with lots of trees, a stream and so much wildlife! I absolutely love it. Nothing beats the sounds of birds singing :) It's amazing how much you find out about yourself when you make some changes isn't it? Enjoy every minute :D xx

Thx & nice to hear from another 'Twitcher'. It's also given Mum a new interest as she gets up really early coz of her arthritis pain. She's still trying to get the hang of the binoculars though. She believes she spotted a chough today, red beak & feet, black body. Live in this part of France according to the new book. Definitely not a blackbird coz we recognise them as there are lots here& in our garden in London. I remain a bit sceptical but gonna give that one to her. Now gotta go shopping for my anorak! Medium size now not XXXL! LOL

My mum suffered from arthritis too, but her garden and her birds were something that she loved. She always had her book and binoculars by the kitchen window, but she would sit out on the decking and lots of them would fly down to her.

Thx for encouraging post. It has been hard motivating Mum into doing new things. She can't seem to accept that she has to change/adapt her lifestyle. She has never been a one for hobbies but this seems to give takn her fancy (& surprisingly mine too ) so hears hoping.

I do hope so. My mum found it hard too, because she was so limited to what she could do, some days very very little, and its hard when she was used to doing so much. She wasn't one for hobbies either, but it sounds like with both of you getting into it it may help.

Also, consider photography, get a good camera and take photos ~ she could then possibly do things with the photos that she takes :)

OMG just getting hang of binoculars now need to tackle camera LOL good idea as you really don't appreciate the lovely colours & markings on the birds. Not seen much today but weather up & down. Sun just came out down here in France. Gonna try to take mum to local bird reserve in the week. They have good facilities apparently & are on the River Seine estuary so have lots of water birds.

Back