• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Biggies!!

Bonita

iv always seen things like this but been gutted as they as usually london based could do with more for the yorkies lol

Lol Bonita i been going since January 2005 not missed many of the Brum events. Am very sad to say Birmingham biggies is no more and London has the last one this August. On a better note there are going to be 'biggies weekend bashes' the first one next year in Leicester. Myself and the lady who runs the biggies events are good friends, Kaye does a lot to promote 'fat acceptance' and is a great fighter for the cause.

There is also a bbw night called Big Girls Paradise which has started to venture out of London but not frequently yet, more 'one offs'. I'm heading to London on Sept 5th for my first BGP night and cant wait to spend some quality time with close friends and FB friends lol...

Oh yes and the LIL site not only promotes Biggies nightclub it also sells 'adult toys' for those people who dont want to be walking into the high street for their necessary's lol.............

I've never heard of it sorry!!

Oh Gaynor, you have no idea what you missed! You must go to the site and check out the galleries.....

Biggies was somewhere i headed when my 22yr relationship went t*** up! It's the only place 'ever' in the world that i have been where i have never felt eyes watching me, the most unjudgemental place i ever had the pleasure to go. Ladies wore whatever they wanted to, not something so that people would consider them appropriately dressed for a fat girl. And their themed nights were briliant. Corset night, back to school (although i never wore a mini skirt or stockings to school lol). Girls were very very friendly and the men...........drooling lol.

If anyone fancies coming along to London for the Saturday event (if only for curiosity) let me know i'll tell you what hotel were stopping at and travel arrangements.

The only thing i'm gonna miss about losing my weight is that i think i wont be allowed to BGP because i'll be (hopefully) too slim! :confused: :D

My mates go to something similair in Stoke so I'll ask them who runs them. I don't think they are restricted to just big people though because I remeber seeing an advert saying something about BBW's and their admirers.

It just struck me when chatting to my niece yesterday that it would be nice for her to be able to be amongst like minded non judgemental people which I know Biggies are, which is why I posted the link.

I dont want to offend anyone but I have very mixed feelings about these groups - on the one hand I think they are a fab idea for all the obvious reasons but on the other, I think that they make obese people to be perceived as lepers who have to congregate in underground type groups because society is so unaccepting of them. I know that there are gay clubs and all sorts of other clubs but because we get such a bum deal anyway from shopping to ignoramuses etc that these places could exacerbate them - maybe its just how I feel about myself which projects this! I always wanted to be accepted for me in mainstream society - very confused now!

The one I went to in Stoke had just as many slim people there as bigger people which for me was good because knowing it was advertised for bigger people meant that nobody there would be fatist and you could relax.

I do know what you mean though, it is wrong that people have to go to places like this to enjoy themselves.

its the last taboo isnt it - sizeism. You can get prosecuted for being racist or homophobic but if someone shouts obscenities at you cause of your size or in your niece's case - makes rude comments on a website or worse - nobody cares and I think thats totally wrong.

My mates go to something similair in Stoke so I'll ask them who runs them. I don't think they are restricted to just big people though because I remeber seeing an advert saying something about BBW's and their admirers.

It just struck me when chatting to my niece yesterday that it would be nice for her to be able to be amongst like minded non judgemental people which I know Biggies are, which is why I posted the link.

Your niece would love it and yes your right it is for bbw's and men who enjoy the bbw figure.

Why shouldn't the larger lady or man for that matter, because these events are for BHM and ladies who like them, go somewhere where they feel comfortable and that nobody is judging them? It's nice to be able to go to a club and shake your ass and not give a whoot who is looking, because nobody is unless its some guy giving you the eye.........

Back