• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 year after applying for surgery on NHS....still waiting

SaJi

Hi, first time poster after finding your site after going through the internet searching on the topic of NHS and TT.

I am a 20 year old Male, I used to weigh 25 stone and over a period of roughly 3 years got myself down to 13 stone. I was left with saggy skin around my stomache area so I went to my GP and this is where the story really begins...

After him agreeing to go through the channels and contacting the relevant people they asked for some details before they would consider me for surgery. So my GP sent me to a nurse to get me weighed and have my height taken for my case. I'm 6"5 and at the time weighed 14 stone (within the BMI healthy range). Now I soon received a rejection letter saying I was over my BMI. Unbeknowing to me at the time the nurse had put down my height was 6"0 and 14 stone which puts me in the overweight category with the BMI.

I had 14 days to appeal, so went to my GP, got my proper height and weight taken and the letter was sent off or so my GP told me. This was February of '08 and I have received no news. Surely I would of heard something by now? I'm going to Uni next year so really need to know what's happening. I have my suspicion that my GP may not have sent the appeal off, or atleast within the 14 days. Mainly due to the fact he doesn't seem to want to contact whoever is in charge, I have asked on several occasions for him to ask for a status update and he just says "They will contact you".

I am off to see another GP tomorrow to try to get things moving again. Just wanted to ask is this a normal timeframe or is there anyone I can contact personally to get some sort of information on my case (living in south Wales)?

Thanks in advance.

sorry cant help you but i have just started the process in scotland gp sent off letter and 2 weeks later got letter back saying that as it was not a norm case but would have to see a clinical pysch first to see if it was needed but from what ive heard there is up to a 2yr wait for ours up here good luck and go back and hassle them

Back