• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 year on and i the future it may be me you come to see !!!

DietingDeb

Well guys, I am a year in and wow my life has changed so much. 10 stone of change yippee !!!! But it is the changes other than physical that have shocked me the most.

I have totally changed my outlook at life and will be starting Nottingham University in September to train as a dietitian so I can pay it forward and help other people in the same situation as I was in. So I have 3 years of study infront of me starting in September and I am so excited.

As for everything else what can I say I have turned into a proper meat eater believe it or not and do not drink at all as I find I de-hydrate far too quickly after even a little bit of wine etc.

The strangest thing I have found though is chocolate . . omg I could a massive bar without even tasting it before now I find it really strange to open the cupboard and see it there and not be interested in it at all, thats my really big thing that puzzles me oh and the fact I hate cake now or even anything over sweet when it was all that I craved before.

On the plus side the drop of clothes has been amazing and I am now in a 14/16 - check me out !! I am still now spending a fortune on clothes as I know I still have a bit more toning and weight to loose and the saggy skin is not brilliant but it is livable and I have decided I will not have surgery till I have steadied my weight out for a couple of years as I think my body has been through a big enough shock these past 12 months lol but fingers crossed I am off to Majorca in May and I am hoping to wear a bikini - we will see !!

I hope you are all doing as well with your weight loss journeys and I wish you every success.

wow you must look so much diffferent now :) well done i'm only 5/6 weeks post op but feel very positive about the future too xx

Deb that is a lovely story, you have done so well.. All the best with your course xxx

Well done Deb. You've done brillaintly well.
I'm just over 5 months out and struggling with any meat that's not ground though I am quite often okay with chicken. Any tips to improve my meat eating? Quorn makes me ill too, apart from the minced variety. As I can't eat fish I'm thinking of going back to be a veggie after having talked myself back into all the health reasons why I should be a carnivore post op lol !

What a fantasticly positive change you have made. Wow. I am so happy that your life has turned around. What a brilliant start to 2012. Good luck with your plans.
Lynne x

Deb, this post was very inspirational to me. I am a huge sugar addict. Cake is one of my favorite things. I can't imagine not wanting it. I'm hoping this is my cure too! Sugar is my reason for being overweight and I will be thankful to get over those cravings! Thank you so much for giving me hope!

DietingDeb said:
Well guys, I am a year in and wow my life has changed so much. 10 stone of change yippee !!!! But it is the changes other than physical that have shocked me the most.

I have totally changed my outlook at life and will be starting Nottingham University in September to train as a dietitian so I can pay it forward and help other people in the same situation as I was in. So I have 3 years of study infront of me starting in September and I am so excited.

As for everything else what can I say I have turned into a proper meat eater believe it or not and do not drink at all as I find I de-hydrate far too quickly after even a little bit of wine etc.

The strangest thing I have found though is chocolate . . omg I could a massive bar without even tasting it before now I find it really strange to open the cupboard and see it there and not be interested in it at all, thats my really big thing that puzzles me oh and the fact I hate cake now or even anything over sweet when it was all that I craved before.

On the plus side the drop of clothes has been amazing and I am now in a 14/16 - check me out !! I am still now spending a fortune on clothes as I know I still have a bit more toning and weight to loose and the saggy skin is not brilliant but it is livable and I have decided I will not have surgery till I have steadied my weight out for a couple of years as I think my body has been through a big enough shock these past 12 months lol but fingers crossed I am off to Majorca in May and I am hoping to wear a bikini - we will see !!

I hope you are all doing as well with your weight loss journeys and I wish you every success.

Well done u that's fab I'm 1 yr out April and also 10 stone lighter and a size 14-16 so can really relate to u, well done on ur up coming training ur do fab because iv been there and got the tshirt so u can relate more to the patients u get :) well done keep us updated on how u get on. X

What a positive post to start the new year :) You have done fantastically well and I am sure you will love your course and be able to really empathise with your future patients and help them in their healthy eating plans and life style changes.

Good for you :)

Wow you've done amazing! And how lovely to hear you're going to pay it forward - that's fantastic! Congratulations hun x

wow well done your gunna be fab do you have any before and after pics id love to see them xx

Congrats Hun ;) n good luck wiv ur training x

Well done u that's fab I'm 1 yr out April and also 10 stone lighter and a size 14-16 so can really relate to u, well done on ur up coming training ur do fab because iv been there and got the tshirt so u can relate more to the patients u get :) well done keep us updated on how u get on. X
good luck

Well done Deb. You've done brillaintly well. I'm just over 5 months out and struggling with any meat that's not ground though I am quite often okay with chicken. Any tips to improve my meat eating? Quorn makes me ill too, apart from the minced variety. As I can't eat fish I'm thinking of going back to be a veggie after having talked myself back into all the health reasons why I should be a carnivore post op lol !
good luck

wow soo inspirational reading that, and thank you i focus soo much on the risks and what ifs after i will get my bypass it stops me seeing the positive new life it could give me. Just what i needed to read today :)

Back