• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

18 weeks

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
i was informed today that i will be waiting the full 18 weeks from been put on the waiting list which was May 5th, so that takes me up to the begining of September, they want to do everything during the 1 op band removal and straight to bypass, so now i just gotta wait my turn. I now know where i stand time scale wise, and i shall try my best to not regain any more weight between now and then, i shall keep you all updated as things progress, thanks for reading....Liz

thats great news liz, at least you know whats what now and good news they will be doing it all as one op - heres to 18 weeks and counting xxxx

18 weeks will be up before you know it liz.

Good luck with maintaining, you can do it, it'll so all be worth it in the end.

xxx

At least you know what you are working towards now Liz. Do they have a cancellation list at all that you could ask to be put on incase a slot becomes available earlier? Just wondering because as your BMI is not as high as some that will be having the op, they may be able to call you in at short notice without having done a pre-op diet.

Anyway, whatever happens hun, Im glad you are moving forward with it x

It's a shame you've got to wait so long but the bonus is you'll be fully recovered for Christmas and should be eating normally by then.

OMG did I just mention Christmas already lol !

That's great news. At least you have an end in sight now xx

At least you know what you are working towards now Liz. Do they have a cancellation list at all that you could ask to be put on incase a slot becomes available earlier? Just wondering because as your BMI is not as high as some that will be having the op, they may be able to call you in at short notice without having done a pre-op diet.

yeah we have a cancelation list, they know i can can come in, on short notice the dietician thinks i wont need to do the pre op diet as i didnt when i went band to band, but if they want me to when the time comes i will be happy to do as they ask of me.

Anyway, whatever happens hun, Im glad you are moving forward with it x

thanks Sam your support is appreciated as always x

thankyou everyone for your kind words x

That's great news Liz and as everyone has said, the time will fly by! My op will be exactly 18 weeks since I went on the list, but it certainly doesn't seem that long ago!

Hi Liz, have you put on any weight now that your band isn't working? :)

yep feels like i have no band at all, 3st gain since dec 1st when plastics damaged the bloody thing, on a positive note im still 5st lighter than what i was when i started. ;)

Best of luck Liz, I'm sure the September will come around before you know it. x ;)

Best of luck Liz, I'm sure the September will come around before you know it. x ;)

thanks Kim, yet another chapter in my WLS journey lol x

well at least you know now and won't be badgering the postman every day :D

wonder if the same applies to me for my removal :eek:

well at least you know now and won't be badgering the postman every day :D

wonder if the same applies to me for my removal :eek:

she said this was for bypass patients, i think it will be different with just a band removal, you should ring and ask how long before they can give you a surgery slot.

Back