• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2014 Sleevies Food Diary/s

This is great!! I'll be in here post op 29th Did any of you feel down about missing food? Think about food all the time !!! Is it really tough post op? I mean will power wise is it tougher than a normal change to healthy eating or diet ??? I'm really nervous can you tell ???

Hi there good luck on your upcoming surgery I wish you a speedy recovery...I myself haven't felt down about missing food to be honest if there's something I really fancy say .., my family have a Chinese or pizza I will have my healthier choice meal and then I will pinch a mouthful just for the taste.... I was/am a still a real chocoholic and if I fancy some I will have an alternative like a low cal/low sugar choc mouse or a snack size malteasers and that satisfies me before I'd eat the whole packet same with biscuits 2's enough . Yes it's still hard and it is about making healthier choices.....you could eat every hour you could even have a mars bar as my surgeon says every hour and that's what's hard, when your bored i need to keep busy ( the gyms great for that) I'm finding the portion sizes are what makes this a success one you get on to normal textures you fill up so quick so in comparison to my old ways 1 x 12' pizza has turned into 1/2 a slice and a salad. Prob a rubbish example . So it's bound to help me lose. Keeping to 3 meals and 2 snacks is good I sometimes use my snacks as a desert ( yog) and factor that into the portion size. It's liquids I struggle with cold drinks hurt my chest for some reason so I mainly just have coffee / herbal tea low cal hot choc. I still think about food all the time but in a healthier way . Your bound to be nervous it's a scary process but a few weeks out you will be wondering what you stressed about.. I don't even feel like I had anything done at around 3 weeks post op. Best thing I've ever done xx

Yesterday's food;
B- 2/3 weetabix w/SSM
L- approx 50ml Chicken and veg soup
D- 2tbsp Mash, 1tbsp carrots with gravy. Just mashed the carrots with my fork and it went down fine, so I think I'm ready for the next stage on Monday!
No snacks yesterday, didn't feel hungry, don't again today..
Very little fluids yesterday too... 200ml Tea w/SSM and 400ml NAS juice.. Really need to drink up!!!

Kirsty

Yesterday's food; B- 2/3 weetabix w/SSM L- approx 50ml Chicken and veg soup D- 2tbsp Mash, 1tbsp carrots with gravy. Just mashed the carrots with my fork and it went down fine, so I think I'm ready for the next stage on Monday! No snacks yesterday, didn't feel hungry, don't again today.. Very little fluids yesterday too... 200ml Tea w/SSM and 400ml NAS juice.. Really need to drink up!!! Kirsty

Your doing great Kirsty x

Your doing great Kirsty x

Thank you! I'm starting to eat more at meal times which means less snacking... 2 more days then mushy crunchy stage! Xx

Kirsty

Today
B small bowl sultana bran with ss milk
S weight watchers greek yoghurt
L warburton's thin with turkey and salad
2 satsumas
S quaker oats breakfast bar
D lasagne

Yesterday B- 1/2 Richmond sausage , 1/2 small baguette, little ketchup
L- 4 Melba toast, Orkney crab patê 3 pickled onions
D- chinese, 4 salt n pepper chips plus onions n and peppers, 2 tbs chowmein, 1 chicken ball, 1 tbs of smoked shredded chicken, tsp sweet n sour sauce, 2 prawn crackers ( naughty I know, hubby went away to the states this morning for 6 days so we had a cosy night in)
S- 2 mini eggs
S - kiwi fruit

Saturday
B Yoghurt (11am)
L 30g cheese & cucumber sticks (1pm)
S Sardines on toast (1/2 tin on 3/4 slice eaten) (3:30pm)
D veggie burger (patty only not bread) (7:30pm)
S Doritos with salsa & sour cream (10pm)

2 G&T as it was Saturday night ;)
Tea & coffee

I'm still eating more on an afternoon/evening time which was my downfall pre-op. I really do struggle to eat breakfast and often it's 11-12 before anything passes my lips food wise. I need to really change this around before my capability to get more in comes back.

Badgerpink

Your respond is how I imagine it will be, I eat fairly healthily but I suddenly binge on cheese or like last night went out fir a 3 course meal! I'm guessing I can stil go out fir dinner but I'll have a starter of what I want as a great in stead of the whole 3 courses! Will I be able to have wine tho ? ?

We go out to eat Chinese food once a week, order a starter and share, then one main course with two side dishes noodles etc and we can share and pick these. Oh and a glass of wine for me I sip this before the food comes and leave a little for when I have eaten in case I can finish it. No problem, you need to be able to enjoy eating out, just takes a bit of adjustment.

How long after surgery will I be able to go to my circuit training and boot camp? I go 3/4 times a week, lots if running and body weights press ups planks, burpees squats etc

Thank you all by the way

I've been up since 6 this morning my partner is not happy about the surgery and keeps telling me I should just do it myself ! I've got about 5 stone left to lose, managed to do almost a stone on the liver shrinking diet and then cancelled surgery too much pressure from friends family telling me not to do it, it will ruin my life??

But in the past I have yo yo dieted and I'm sick of being fat !!! I love fitness but struggle because I'm overweight !

How long after surgery will I be able to go to my circuit training and boot camp? I go 3/4 times a week, lots if running and body weights press ups planks, burpees squats etc

Most of this all depends on your provider.. I'm not allowed to the gym for at least 6 weeks, and even then I have to wait for the all clear from the nurse at my hospital. And I don't think I can do weights and things what you do for a few more weeks, it is major surgery after all and too much too soon can cause problems.. You should give your provider a ring and arrange another appointment and ask for as much info as possible. Are you going private? I was done on the nhs and had to go to a seminar for info, I'd researched for over a year before then, going on multiple websites, nhs, private, blogs, wiki, anything that had info about wls. I didn't find this forum until a month before my seminar and I spent all my spare time reading diaries, looking for info about my area.. I was initially wanting a band, didn't decide on a sleeve until the seminar. You have to be ready to put everything on hold for a little while, while you adjust to your new lifestyle. You have to know all the pros and cons, and want to do this to better yourself, even with the consequences of not being able to drink as much, or even not being able to tolerate drink again. Or struggling with things you used to love to eat.

Kirsty

Today
B oatso simple breakfast bar
L chicken, 1 potato, carrots,green beans and cabbage
1/2 a sainsurys be good to yourself sticky toffee pudding with custard
D 2 crumpets with cheese

Badgerpink Your respond is how I imagine it will be, I eat fairly healthily but I suddenly binge on cheese or like last night went out fir a 3 course meal! I'm guessing I can stil go out fir dinner but I'll have a starter of what I want as a great in stead of the whole 3 courses! Will I be able to have wine tho ? ?

You are best talking to your provider, binge impulses won't go away with the surgery they are just curbed. Wine I thinks ok after 9/12 months. But it's all about the amount of effort your willing to put in and that in turn will reflect on the result you get. You still choose what to put in your mouth and how often you eat. As for exercise I would ask your team also I started swimming a few days after my staples came out just a gentle swim and went back to a gentle workout from week 3, I have however find I tire very easy this week I had all intentions of going everyday but come Wednesday I was exhausted.... You have to listen to your body with exercise as well as the eating. Every one is different and moves/ heals/ at different paces xx hope this helps a little xx

Sunday
B- 3/4 slice of seed sensations toast / lurpack lightest wit 3 tbs of beans and sausages
L- m&s 3 bean salad 1/2 at 12.30 1/2 at 3.30
D- 2/3 KFC BBQ wrap 1 hot-wing
S- muller Greek coconut
S- options butterscotch hot choc

Loads of coffee and skimmed milk

Saturday
B chicken pieces and light mini baby bell
L 2 small mouthfuls of my birthday cake
T chicken, raw slaw and mayo (out for tea- light appetiser managed half)
S small scoop ice cream and 1/2 piece of fudge (birthday treat!)
S 10 Special K crisps and square dark chocolate
770mls (struggle with fluids at weekend as usually out and about)

Sunday
B 1/2 toast, egg yolk, lurpak light
L 1/2 sausage, desert spoon beans, desert spoon angel delight
T tofu Thai curry, veg and few noodles, very small bite of doughnut ( wasn't even nice!)
S WW korma poppadoms 1/2 bag & square dark choc
1180mls

Not managed to start the eating any earlier today but hoping to end it earlier
Black coffee
12:15 actimel drink yoghurt
1pm ham (2 pieces wafer thin), Cheese 15g, 4 olives, cucumber and salad leaves with a teaspoon of caeser dressing
2pm tea
4pm graze box veggie sushi pot (rice crackers & wasabi peas), a few cashews and a few mini amaretti biscuits
5pm black coffee
6pm Boiled egg with a thin slice of toasted ciabatta to dip
7pm water
8pm beans, 15g cheese on a slice of toast & marmite

My aim is not to eat anymore today. It doesn't feel comfortable anyway if I eat too close to bedtime. I will make a teapot at about 9ish.

Sorry not posted, had a few things in my mind this weekend so been thinking through them and concentrating on not binging!

I started on stage 3 soft, mushy, crispy foods today.. And I'm 4 weeks out :)

Today's food

B- 6tbsp porridge w/SSM & 1tsp Nutella
L- 3 mini breadsticks with dairy lea cheese (like mini dairy Lea Dunkers)
S- 1 small slice of wholemeal toast w/lurpak lightest
D- 6tbsp WW mushroom, broccoli, wedge melt (approx 3 wedges no skin with a few small florets broccoli and tiny bits of mushrooms with sauce)
250ml water, 100ml tea, 300ml WW hot chocolate

Kirsty

I've just measured the amount of liquid I can get in my cups what I use for my tea and hot drinks and it's gets just over 400mls in where I fill it up to... Not 300ml So that's abit more than I thought!

Kirsty

Your cups must be huge!

Back