• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2017 Sleeve me please

jj87

About time I started my own diary as I will using this to track my food intake also before I (hopefully) get sleeved.

Quick recap about me. Overweight for my whole 29years. Been on many diet programmes since 12years old.
I've PCOS, underactive thyroid and recently diagnosed with hypertension.

Spoke to my GP early 2016 regarding WLS but informedI would need to take part in a 12 week NHS weight loss programme, after attending for a few weeks I found it not to be usefull and started slimming world and gave up on the whole idea of WLS.
December 2016 I attended my GP regarding medication and she asked me if I had thought any more about WLS so told her my experience with the NHS programme and informed her I was doing slimming world. My GP explained to me that slimming world was a tier 2 programme and if I had been attending for 12weeks plus that she could refer me for WLS. Luckily I had just completed 12weeks so after some test such as bloods and a kidney fuction I was referred to Homerton on the 6th of January.
After some confusion I finally received my letter for a assessment and group seminar in June 2017 which I felt was a long wait and after taking some advice and guidance from this forum i was able to get a cancellation appointment for the 20th January 2017 and was also booked in to see the surgical team in April 2017.

I have just received my text confirmation for the 20th about attending.
Seems like it's all becoming slightly real I'm sure a long road to go but glad to be onit.. Look forward to updating my journey and hopefully looking back on my progress.
look forward in sharing it all with you.

JJ87 xxx

About time I started my own diary as I will using this to track my food intake also before I (hopefully) get sleeved.

Quick recap about me. Overweight for my whole 29years. Been on many diet programmes since 12years old.
I've PCOS, underactive thyroid and recently diagnosed with hypertension.

Spoke to my GP early 2016 regarding WLS but informedI would need to take part in a 12 week NHS weight loss programme, after attending for a few weeks I found it not to be usefull and started slimming world and gave up on the whole idea of WLS.
December 2016 I attended my GP regarding medication and she asked me if I had thought any more about WLS so told her my experience with the NHS programme and informed her I was doing slimming world. My GP explained to me that slimming world was a tier 2 programme and if I had been attending for 12weeks plus that she could refer me for WLS. Luckily I had just completed 12weeks so after some test such as bloods and a kidney fuction I was referred to Homerton on the 6th of January.
After some confusion I finally received my letter for a assessment and group seminar in June 2017 which I felt was a long wait and after taking some advice and guidance from this forum i was able to get a cancellation appointment for the 20th January 2017 and was also booked in to see the surgical team in April 2017.

I have just received my text confirmation for the 20th about attending.
Seems like it's all becoming slightly real I'm sure a long road to go but glad to be onit.. Look forward to updating my journey and hopefully looking back on my progress.
look forward in sharing it all with you.

JJ87 xxx

Hope all starts to move well for you.
Can i ask please if your stats are deliberately misleading as you don't want to reveal your weight or is it a typo?

ow I've just checked. defo typo. Will get that sorted. thanks for the heads up! and yes I really hope so also xx

2nd confirmation text regarding my assessment tomorrow.

so many emotions right now. excited, nervous, scared, worried just to name afew.

I think the funding and being accepted is playing on my mind the most......... Magicball where are you

So I'm writing a list of questions any advice on what to ask at my assessment please.
Thanks x

I hope the appointment today went well :)

Hi All,

So all went really well today. I arrived and got my weight and height taken which I was 3 pounds lighters from the last time I weighed and also half and inch taller. lol

I then saw the nurse who went few a series of questions regarding food, exercise health and mental health. It was explained that I would then have bloods and a ecg done before heading into the seminar.

once having my test I sat and took it everything that was being said about pre op and post op relating to food, about the 3 surgery's that are usually offered and also about the new research regarding what is more useful be it the band bypass or sleeve and if you didn't mind having any of them that you could be part of the research if you wished and it is pot luck what surgery u receive.

I need to wait till April to see the consultant and hopefully if I don't need anymore investigations into my health i will be seen by the mdt team in may to discuss my case. I hopefully will be able to get a sooner appointment but for now roll on April.

Hi All,

So all went really well today. I arrived and got my weight and height taken which I was 3 pounds lighters from the last time I weighed and also half and inch taller. lol

I then saw the nurse who went few a series of questions regarding food, exercise health and mental health. It was explained that I would then have bloods and a ecg done before heading into the seminar.

once having my test I sat and took it everything that was being said about pre op and post op relating to food, about the 3 surgery's that are usually offered and also about the new research regarding what is more useful be it the band bypass or sleeve and if you didn't mind having any of them that you could be part of the research if you wished and it is pot luck what surgery u receive.

I need to wait till April to see the consultant and hopefully if I don't need anymore investigations into my health i will be seen by the mdt team in may to discuss my case. I hopefully will be able to get a sooner appointment but for now roll on April.
I was offered the research study which was really helpful in giving me information. It also helped me make the decision not to take part as after reading about all three procedures I was able to work out what I thought was best for my body and my mind and my life.

Do your own research, research, research is all I can say, and more research. I was told that one of the reasons for the study was because some surgeons just like doing particular procedures.

Back