• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 months post op pain

james192

Hi everyone, about 1 month after my bypass i got strange pain near the surface of my tum. Well its started again this morning!
Its like a dull warm ache. Not too sore but its anoying after a while. My stomach muscles are feeling tight also :confused:

any ideas?

I think I remember someone saying that they had a similar pain and it was nerve endings re-knitting and their surgeon said it was perfectly normal. I wouldn't be too worried because it is not a sharp pain. You could try a hot water bottle on the spot to see if that helps. I am only 5 weeks out so I don't really know, but I do get twinges all around my tum that I think might just be healing??

Let me know how you get on because I am now curious myself. Hope you feel better soon.:)

cheers for the fast reply. Yeah its deffo not a sharp pain and the pain comes from the scar area about a inch into me. Maybe i got out of bed too quick this morning?
Couple of Anadin's sort it out, just need too keep ontop of the ache!

I'm 5 weeks 1 day post op and I have some nerve damage pain just below my left rib cage.

I still can't lay on my left and that is the side I sleep on!

I keep getting little nippy type pains not sure if coming from my scars or inside, started yesterday....probably the nerve endings though so not worried...xx

Back