• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

extreme pain 7 months out

Finally got through to Luton this morning, she took all my details and will speak to the surgeon and get back to me. If pain gets too bad got to go to my nearest hospital, got to carry on eating and drinking as normal until I hear back from her

Good luck Sue, been thinking of you, please keep us posted. Love and hugs precious xxx

Sorry to hear that you are in pain Sue. I hope that it settles soon. I sometimes get pain which radiates to my shoulder tip when I've left it too long to eat or have eaten too quickly. It has taken quite a few days to settle. The dietician said that it was wind pains. Mind you over 8 months out it's more likely to be gall stones. I hope you get sorted soon.

Could be gallstones but i also get this type of pain when ive eaten too fast it can last for hours xx

L&D phoned back and Mr Whitelaw is in Theatre all day, she speak to him in the morning and phone me straight back.
Had bad pain this afternoon half an hour after lunch (coucous salad with 8 prawns) was crying my eyes out. The only way to help was kneeling on the floor with my forehead on the floor. Still had 2 more episodes after that. I really don't think its wind or eating too quick as I've slowed my eating right down, I've always burped a lot after any food or drink and this isn't doing any good at the mo even with indigestion tabs

This is too long for any pain. You really must go to the hospital if a GP won't see you. It can't hurt and might help to go, right? This isn't normal and I am really quite worried about you-judging from what I have read.

I am sure you were told-as most of us were-we MUST be very careful in paying attention to our bodies. We have had a major surgery and there are some things we must not ignore.

Is there anyone there to take you?

I am no expert, but you are in a lot of pain and I think you should really be getting help. Perhaps you have an A and E not too far away?

Whatever is causing you pain like you are experiencing needs looking at, and sooner rather than later.

Mr Whitelaw has said he don't think its serious but is making me an appointment for his next clinic, in the mean time if pain persits go to GP, thye might just be getting a call when they open at 2, fed up with the pain now

I think you need to be seen asap. You shouldn't be crying with pain.

Hope you are feeling better Sue xxx

Well I have news, finally picked up the courage to go to the Dr, my pouch is inflammed well he thinks it is. No acidic or spicy foods/drinks, no raw fruit/salad/veg. Up milky products. Got some liquid stuff to take and if no better in 2 weeks go back. Sort of makes sense really as pain is a lot worse after fruit juice, fruit, salads etc.
Fingers crossed that he's right

I am so glad that you've been to see your GP. Did he say what had caused the inflammation of your pouch?

The magic liquid has been working all day, until now when I decided to have some grapes to help in the toilet deparment!!! and now have mild pain. Will have to find something else to have instead of fresh fruit until my pouch is sorted, any ideas? dont want to rely on tablets

Could you have some prune juice? Would that be less irritating than fruit? Or maybe some benefibre?
Or those little 0% fat Actimel yoghurt drinks; I find they help me that way.

I'm glad to hear you've seen the doc and hopefully got it sorted.
Grace xxx

Back