• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 days post op and lost

gemmas85

i had my op on wednesday my surgeon didnt satrt me on any fluids until friday. Where he gave me a cup of tea, a glass of water and some clear soup at the same time. before i'd finished he came and discharged me, gave me some print out off the internet and said he was off to london ad he'd see me an 6th april. i really need some ideas as to what i can drink/ eat as at the min i'm on water, nas squash and bovril. any other suggestions would be a great help i keep reading older posts but nothing is said about the initial few days. thank you everyone.

That is disgusting, i can't believe your surgeon has left you clueless.... I hope some of the post op bypassers come along soon and help you out xx

the bariatric menu we had in hosptal at st richards had mashed potato and cheese, pureed chicken & gravy, pureed corned beef & gravy, pureed cod & white sauce, pureed tuna & something else.
breakfast was porridge & mashed up banana or half weetabix, sweetner and 100 ml of ss milk.

snacks were yogurt, pureed fruit, rich tea biscuit to dunk in tea.

i have been pretty much having similar stuff at home, plus soups, scrambled egg and cheese etc

i am 2 weeks post op now

thing to remember is just dont eat and drink at the same time..wait a while after eating before you drink, and just make sure you try to get as much fluids as possible. just make sure any food is fully mashed/pureed/chewed before swallowing

best of luck x

Hi Gemma

So sorry you've been left that way.

You need to be drinking a minimum of 2 ltrs of fluid aday. Can you get skimmed milk powder in Cyprus? If so, make yourself some fortified milk. You just mix the powder in with your skimmed milk for the extra protein. You can eat yoghurts with no bits in. Any sort of soup, with no bits in. I made my own and blended and sieved them.

Did he discuss taking vit & mineral supps? You need a good multi vitamin, calcium, iron and some ant-acid tablets.

You can also have things like sugar free jelly, no added sugar instant pudding (make with milk for the extra protein)

There's also a thread on here for people who are just starting out.

good luck

Gemma, if you PM me your email address I can send you a copy of the Charing Cross diet sheet that covers all phases. xx

Thats awful leaving you high and dry like that! Thank god for this forum is all i can say.

Hope you get your diet/eating pattern sorted out soon Gemma

Back