• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4wk post op

lisa1983

Hello:)

Am 4 weeks since having my band and I have lost 1stone 9lb which I think is amazing

But today the first day I been allowed to try to eat normal
So today I had omelette with mushroom I got to say it was amazing but I timed my self and I took 23 mins how sad :-( but it over the 20 mins rule
I also only made it with 1egg instead of the 3 I used to make it with so I no there a positive change :)
But I managed to eat quite a bit but still had to leave about 3 mouthful.

That was lunch time I just had a cup of water at my nans and I was sick on water??? Don't feel sick never took a big mouth full just a sip and was sick and not just the once ?? Has anyone else had this ??? As am confused as I haven't eaten since lunch time .

I also am going thg Bristol tomorrow for there group support has anyone attended this and can u tell me what they do there or is anyone going it be nice if anyone was
I hope ur all getting on we'll

Much love Lisa x

Maybe you were still full from the omelette which is why the water bounced right back up. It's a bit of trial and error when first starting solids again after a fill. How are you feeling now?

flutterby1966 said:
Maybe you were still full from the omelette which is why the water bounced right back up. It's a bit of trial and error when first starting solids again after a fill. How are you feeling now?

Yeah tbh I never thought of that I thought since I had lunch at 12 I would be ok
But not even gonna try my cooked tea now! As I don't want that coming back to say hello:)

Yeah tbh I feel well even tho everyone keeps telling me i look pale.
Just got to try to get used to everything again.

How u doing?? And how ur new two best friends have they healed well ? X

lisa1983 said:
Hello:)

Am 4 weeks since having my band and I have lost 1stone 9lb which I think is amazing

But today the first day I been allowed to try to eat normal
So today I had omelette with mushroom I got to say it was amazing but I timed my self and I took 23 mins how sad :-( but it over the 20 mins rule
I also only made it with 1egg instead of the 3 I used to make it with so I no there a positive change :)
But I managed to eat quite a bit but still had to leave about 3 mouthful.

That was lunch time I just had a cup of water at my nans and I was sick on water??? Don't feel sick never took a big mouth full just a sip and was sick and not just the once ?? Has anyone else had this ??? As am confused as I haven't eaten since lunch time .

I also am going thg Bristol tomorrow for there group support has anyone attended this and can u tell me what they do there or is anyone going it be nice if anyone was
I hope ur all getting on we'll

Much love Lisa x

Hi Hun glad you enjoyed your omelette, such a shame about you being sick with the water after though, as you know I'm not banded yet but just wanted to show my support, hope you get something out of the group tomorrow x

Hi Lisa,

I know you say you sipped, perhaps it was just a bit quick on a stomach perhaps still full from lunch?

I had this the other day when I took a gulp of water out of a bottle, and it hit, it hurt and it came back up. . .but it has only happened when I've had a drink a time after having eaten something, if its in the morning when I drink and don't eat, then it hasnt happened then.

I started back on "solids" on friday, but could actually eat so much as I have no restriction from my band as it has no fill in yet . . .really cannot wait until thursday to get this band to work! I havent found anything as yet that Im unable to eat, altho am sure that when that restriction is there, that will soon change. :)

LOL thanks Lisa. They saw daylight today when I had my drain removed. Looking ok tbh. Teeny but neat :D

Enjoy your dinner when you get round to it x

Top_kat

Am glad am not the only one who was sick on water
It is horrible :-(

I have 4ml restriction but tbh I hope I have some restriction as I was told I may feel hungry as it been 4 weeks and she said I may try to eat more food finger x I don't .

I am glad all ok for u chick :) and roll on Thursday birthday girl and band fill x

This is what I fear the most, benig sick.... It will scare me into not eating hope I don't get this!! Hope you have better luck tomorrow xxx

Carre said:
This is what I fear the most, benig sick.... It will scare me into not eating hope I don't get this!! Hope you have better luck tomorrow xxx

Oh bless u chick don't worrie about being sick it's not like normal sick, but still sick I suppose lol
Thank u chick x

well done on your loss to date lisa

lynette shepherd said:
hope you ok now and have you had any more to eat i feel a bit better this morning thank god . and thankyou for y advise lisa x

Thank u
Glad ur feeling better x

Hi. Well done on your lose so far. It is true that you are going to get hungry and want to eat a bit more. This is all normal until you get to the right restriction which can take up to 3 fills or so. Don't worry about that now. Take it 1 day at a time and definitely count your calorie intake.

poz said:
Hi. Well done on your lose so far. It is true that you are going to get hungry and want to eat a bit more. This is all normal until you get to the right restriction which can take up to 3 fills or so. Don't worry about that now. Take it 1 day at a time and definitely count your calorie intake.

Thank u
I am back on my fitness plan today x

lynette shepherd said:
am booked inn for a fill 26/10 how many do we have ? my band is 7 in thanks x

Am not sure I have a 10 ml band and so does my coz and she do far has 7 ml I have 4 ml and go 4 oct for next fill x

hi any one had the runs after having band sat last runs yesterday . rang for info there where not that quick in geting back to me say its milk . but i dont drink milk was all set for going to a&e but so so now omg , thanks

lynette shepherd said:
hi any one had the runs after having band sat last runs yesterday . rang for info there where not that quick in geting back to me say its milk . but i dont drink milk was all set for going to a&e but so so now omg , thanks

Yes I had runs and sickness for a weekend:-( but tbh I just let it take it course and it was fine. I also had runs on mush food from when I went from liquid to mush it was fine in the end just let it take his course
U will be fine chick
Lisa x

Back