• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 days post sleeve and feeling down

Jo Hart

Hi all

I had a gastric sleeve on Saturday 4th Jan and am wondering what on earth I have done. I'm morose, in pain, struggling to drink anything and generally being a pain in the arse to everyone who knows me! Not sure i was adequately prepared for the severity of the surgery - my own fault probably. To add insult to injury I've only lost 2lb in 5 days of not eating! Can anyone please tell me this is all normal and things will improve. I'm normally quite a jolly person and do not like this new me at all!

dont worry my dear , things will get better by time and as I got this advice before and I am passing it to you .. dont weight yourself every day .. just let go by itself

Good Luck

its completely normal its a uge shock to the system, and also with regards to the weight you will find your pretty swollen inside which will be keeping your weight as it is. Take a break and relax it does get better! x

Hi all I had a gastric sleeve on Saturday 4th Jan and am wondering what on earth I have done. I'm morose, in pain, struggling to drink anything and generally being a pain in the arse to everyone who knows me! Not sure i was adequately prepared for the severity of the surgery - my own fault probably. To add insult to injury I've only lost 2lb in 5 days of not eating! Can anyone please tell me this is all normal and things will improve. I'm normally quite a jolly person and do not like this new me at all!

It might not seem like it at the moment, but honestly, it goes get better very quickly and you'll be losing weight soon. Don't worry about weightloss for now as your body needs to stabilise and get over the shock so it'll be holding onto everything at the mo. Just make sure your keep your fluids up as much as you can. And take any pills you've been given. This is really important, and follow all the instructions from your provider. I had pain for a fair while, but I just kept the paracetamol going. I felt a bit like you aswell when I had my done, but i soon recovered and it's honestly the best thing ever! Take care, and all the best, and keep drinking fluids, x

You are probably holding on to water after the op.

I know it's tempting to jump on the scales but try to do it once a week.

Things will look brighter once you start to feel better, and you will feel better.

X

Back