• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 days to op.. its the final countdown

Maura

have to say i am getting so nervous. in 8 days i fly out to belguim and in 9 days i get my op. my heart is permanently fluttering by the thought of it. i know i am doing the right thing.. course i am asking myself, what if the op doesnt work for me. fighting the bulge half my life, is this the answer to my problem?:sigh: i am paying loads of money and what if??????????? ah bummer. low fat diet going well, apart from a glip on sat..........help

Hi Maura, I'm newly banded and was so nervous but I don't regret a thing. It will be this time next month before you know it and you'll be sat alongside the rest of us!

Jo x

Don't worry Maura xxx Stick with us and we can help you through each stage xx We all want our bands to work for us and we can all share useful info and support in general to make sure no-one is left struggling xxxx
Take it easy hun xx
Concentrate on the day in hand only , that way good days will always outnumber off ones x

thanks guys, the support is unbelievable here. 7 days and i am in belguim and 8 days and i am a bandit!! feeling positive today.........my son is 6 tomorrow, i will be busy tomorrow so will post tomorrw night xx

have to say i am getting so nervous. in 8 days i fly out to belguim and in 9 days i get my op. my heart is permanently fluttering by the thought of it. i know i am doing the right thing.. course i am asking myself, what if the op doesnt work for me. fighting the bulge half my life, is this the answer to my problem?:sigh: i am paying loads of money and what if??????????? ah bummer. low fat diet going well, apart from a glip on sat..........help
Don't be scared by you're feeling anxious or scared. It's normal. You'll be OK. Having a band is very hard I won't lie to you. However if your disciplined enough to eat healthy you'll be OK. :hug99:

I'm sure you will be fine :)

You just need to remember to look after yourself as well as possible. You will feel stressed and your body will be under stress too, with the surgery. On top of that you have the travelling.

It's normal to feel anxious (I felt very anxious and almost wanted to back out the day before and the morning of my admission!).

There are lots of successful banders here and we are all here to support each other, regardless of the type of surgery we have had.

Take care.

Maura im rooting for ya!! trust me to get on the scales and see them going down is a FAB feeling :)

I agree sweet it is nervous I was & had second thoughts but am know 10 days post op & already feel much better health wise. Have already lost more than I could ever done without it - you go girl, no looking back xx

Back