• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I being stupid?

natashoorrr

I am getting way paranoid that something is wrong!

I have started getting some pains on the left hand side of my belly -just above my belly button (maybe a bit higher) and it hurts to touch.

I don't feel 'unwell' as such, like I don't feel sick just drowsy but I only had surgery last Sunday so I wasnt expecting anything different.

The best way I can describe it is, it feels like a bruise is coming up but all the bruises around my incision ports came out are starting to fade so can I be having some delayed bruising?

I've noticed a little bit of swelling today but not huge amounts, so its not visible and people going GOD YOUR SWOLLEN!!!

Did anybody suffer with leakage that could tell me if this sounds similar or am I just being paranoid?

Hun - I don't think you are being stupid at all. However, I do think it would be potentially 'stupid' not to check with your support nurse ... And would urge you to get in contact tomorrow if it's still sore. Just to put your mind at rest. Better to be safe, than sorry xx

Please get it checked, my surgeon told me the first few weeks are the most important if you are at all worried.

If its near an incision for one of the instruments used during your surgery, it's probably you abdominal muscle beginning to heal, as you will have internal bruising. Does the pain go away if you take pain relief?

If you had a leak or if something was seriously wrong your heart would be racing, your bp would be extremely low and you would feel gravely ill. If your really worried, give the Derby 24hr number a ring.

I had this feeling too after surgery. My belly above my incision was painful to touch and seemed swollen but I'm nearly 4 weeks out now and it's all disappeared. If you're worried, contact your nurse x

I had the same pain for a month after my surgery. I had an ultra sound and it showed internal bruising from the instruments.
I would call your team and check with them though to put your mind at ease xx

Back