• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help... am i just worrying or not

fab40

Hi fellow Bandits,

I am 6 months post op and I have to say weight loss is ok but I am worried.

Since my op I have been ill constantly not with anything I think is band related but now I think it might be..

I seem to have a really rubbish immune system, I seem to be constantly getting tonsilitus and my glands keep coming up all on my left side where my band is..

Now I do have a 5 year old who I think is also to blame and I have been to the doctors and they keep saying oh you have another virus but I am so fed up of feeling ill.. I feel very tired all the time and when I am ill my band does seem to tighten up and then I know I am not eating enough or loosing.

I have some blood test booked at doctors on Friday to check everything and only mentioned to my band provider that I had not been that well but I have never really put the two together before..

Now I am worried that maybe it is an internal infection I am fighting or is it that there are so many bugs going round and this constant feel like its winter all the time.

Can anyone tell me if they think I am being paranoid or has anyone else felt this way after band fit...

I just so sick of feeling flat out at least two weeks of every month this winter.

Sorry to moan but any help would be much appreciated.

Hope all Is good with you all

Jane

It could entirely be a coincidence, but no-one can really tell you whether it is or not. You're doing the best thing having it followed through with tests. It is quite common that when we reduce calories, intake, reduce food etc that we aren't getting nutrients in the quantity that we need which can open us up more to infections/viruses.

Are you taking vitamins daily? If not, I really recommend that you start to do this. I was getting on fine with my daily intake until my fill at the beginning of feb, which has taken me to a level of restriction preventing me from eating a whole range of foods, as such, i've gone back to taking them.

With tonsillitis and glands etc they are often linked but also can continue to a place where they aren't really totally gone so that if something else comes along, they flare up again. Something that my son went through on a repetitive pattern until he had them removed, and myself too.!

Hopefully the results will be fine, but it may just be that change in diet etc has led to a change in not being able to fight off the infection more so than it being the band itself :)

Thanks Kat, look at you, you are like an oracle of knowledge and you are doing so well, really pleased for you xx

Keep us posted with the tests etc. And pop those vitamins lol

Back