• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i normal?!!

Vespa

Hey all!

So I had my band on 31st August. I have felt nothing! I had no wind pain, didn't take any painkillers (except tramadol at night to aid sleep) and all foods have gone down way too easily.

I was starting to get really worried that it isn't going to work for me. I know I haven't had a fill yet but most people on here were saying how they were getting sick etc on most foods (I dont obviously wish to get sick but you see what I mean?)

Until, that is, on Monday 1st October, wind pain started and now my band actually feels tighter? Is that really weird? Although I am glad it seems to have taken effect!!

Has anyone had similar experiences or am I completely abnormal?!! xxx

I didn't take pain killers only had a bit of wind and can get food down really easy.... My first fill is due on 17 th oct, if it was not for the fact I can feel the plastic port it's like nothing has changed xxx

Only my way of thinking is different I would not risk putting anything down my neck that I shouldn't and stop when I feel full, plus I drink loads more then before my nails and hair are better then I ever can remember ....!

I had a slight pain around one of the scars but apart from that I didn't, I haven't suffered from wind pain either. I was sick this week once, but after a fill and cos I ate a bit of chicken too quickly, but in the 5 weeks since the op until the fill last week, I couldn't even tell I had a band in place. Couldn't feel it, could eat or drink what I wanted when I went onto the normal food and actually wondered whether it had come undone!

So I am similar to a lot of what you've posted. Now I have had a slight fill (none was put in at op time) I only find a little difference, until I eat too quickly. Thankfully my timer is working a treat :)

Vespa said:
Hey all!

So I had my band on 31st August. I have felt nothing! I had no wind pain, didn't take any painkillers (except tramadol at night to aid sleep) and all foods have gone down way too easily.

I was starting to get really worried that it isn't going to work for me. I know I haven't had a fill yet but most people on here were saying how they were getting sick etc on most foods (I dont obviously wish to get sick but you see what I mean?)

Until, that is, on Monday 1st October, wind pain started and now my band actually feels tighter? Is that really weird? Although I am glad it seems to have taken effect!!

Hi,Vespa, I'm only 7 days in,got a 10ml band with 3ml in on day of surgery,I'm embarrassed to say this I'm on liquid only and I'm hungry,,,I can get my meds down no trouble,,,don't kneed to sip sip sip,but I've lost 13 lbs,. I'm worried I won't last till next week fluids only, so your not abnormal,,,good luck with your journey xxx

Vespa said:
Hey all!

Hi Vespa,

I had my band on 28th August, 14ml band wit apparently 1ml in it. Apart from the first week I have felt nothing at all either. I had my first fill yesterday when they added 3.5ml bringing me to a total of 4.5ml. Feel nothing at all at the moment but still on liquids. I will see what it feels like when on crunchy foods and I have another fill in three weeks.

Hang in there, it's a slow process to get this right. It's frustrating after such great losses at the beginning but we will get there.

As for your band feeling a bit tighter this Monday, is it ur time of the month? I read somewhere that can make it feel tighter.

Jax x

Ahhh I see... Well it would be but I've recently started the injection and don't think ill be coming on- very good call!!

Thanks to all of you I feel a lot better xxx

Hi Hun,

I am the same, I was lucky with no wind and even my consultant is like wow you heal really well!

Had one fill and yes am eating less than what i was but dont feel the effect of the band as such. Only lost a pound last week and the weight loss seems to have slowed down.

Like you I think is this working? I think its a slow process and we have to keep reminding ourselves the band is a tool and we will get there in the end!

I am also trying to get my head around am i hungry or is it wind and eating the right things and amounts..

Its easy to get really obsessed about it all... I know I do some days!

Take care and keep going

Jane x

Back