• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anaesthetic Pre-op Assessment

kjb

I am booked for gastric bypass 10th June,I have my pre-op assessment tomorrow,but received a letter today with a further appointment for anaesthectic assessment 5th June,is this normal or are both usually carried out at the same time

It could be normal for your providers, don't worry too much. Perhaps ask the reason at your general pre op assessment to put your mind at rest?
Anaesthetic is a whole different set of skills to the op, makes sense for them to be split up and check you are fit and ready. Whenever I've had surgery I've always seen the surgeon and anaesthetist separately prior to going to theatre (4 different operations, 4 different hospitals)Think it's all normal x

Managed to get both assessments done today in one visit,I was told post op I will have a morphine pain driver ,is this normal?

Managed to get both assessments done today in one visit,I was told post op I will have a morphine pain driver ,is this normal?

I had one post op... it was blooming fantastic, press the button every time it lit up... floaty :) lol! I did however make some very funny phone calls & sent some very bizarre text messages... not that I remember so its worth warning friends & family... tee hee x

Back