• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had a borderline cervical screening test

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi just had my results from a recent screening and the results have come back borderline. I have to repeat the screening in 6 months time to see if the levels go back to normal. Has anyone else had this before or after their bypass? Feel quite sick at the moment but sure it'll all be fine xxx

Hi Lisa .. i havnt had WLS yet but i have had 2 borderline smears, which resulted in a colposcopy ...
(not as bad as it sounds)
Now i have smears 6 monthly for two years ....

sending you huggles xxx

I had abnormal screening after the birth of my son (18 yrs ago) and had too have pre cancerous cells lasered off from my cervix. 6 monthly smears for 5 years , then yearly and then every 2 years ( to date) , Wishing u well , xxx

Hi, I also had 2 borderline smear tests a few years ago and have been through the coloscopy and the 2 years of 6 monthly tests. I am now back to yearly ones at the doctors and should be back to 3 yearly soon as nothing developed that caused them any concern.
It won't have had any connection with your surgery. Please don't worry, its a fantastic test that makes sure we don't suffer as women.

I too have had a borderline result and as a precaution had a couple of tests every six months which came back okay. I have one more to take (due actually) before i go onto yearly smears..... Don't worry it's sometimes caused by hormones going right....

I'm currently worrying as i've not had a period for 4 months, but i'm guessing it might be the change :)

try not to worry chic, i'm sure everything will be fine and the fact that you've had your tests regular is a good thing. I had to drag my sister there after all that about jade goody ...she had never had one and she's 31 now x

Back