• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Arthritis flare up

jaxx

Does anyone who has arthritis experience flare ups of pain? Mine has flared up in the last few days and it's rampaging with a vengence at the minute.

I was just wondering if it's something that's normal with usual arthritis sufferers. I've had a period of little pain for the past 4 months or so but now I'm in agony. Is it the weather? Or diet? I'm taking co-codamol religiously at the minute and I'm covered in anti-inflammatry cream and I've been naughty and taken some ibuprofen as well.

Is there anything else I can take to ease the pain i'm in?

Hi Jaxx

I suffer from osteo-arthritis, the pain is 'normal' for ages then flares up from nowehere to almost unbearable. I have a variety of prescription meds other than anti-inflammatories but they don't always work

M

hi jaxx huni, i tend to get a lot more pain when the weather is damp, or going to rain. i take all sorts of pain meds, not just for that, but they dont work very well for the arthritis, i got some diclofenic suppositories off my doctor, and they help an awful lot. i just use one a day, and they are 100 mg. so its worth asking your doc for some. hope you get some relief soon huni, i know it can be unbearable at times cant it. big hugs xxxx

Aw Jaxx - I know exactly where you`re coming from I too suffer with arthritis in my joints, as well as osteoarthritis in my back so have been plagued with pain for years.

The flare-ups can be out of the blue and you never know how long they will last; then like you I can go months feeling fine and coping with less pain.

Though I have been on stronger and stronger medication through the years; after a certain amount of time the medication loses its power. The most recent medication I have been prescribed is Tramadol and I try not to take the full amount and less times a day than prescribed. But I used to worry that in time my body would become used to it again and then they would have to give me something that would be so strong it would prevent me driving as it would make me sleepy.

On the plus side; I have started to loose weight and already I feel that is having an affect on my weight. It is already easier walking upstairs, where before I struggled with hips and knees, as well as being totally puffed out.

So all in all so long as I keep losing the weight, although I probably won`t lose the arthritis totally I`m really hoping in time that it will improve so that the medication can be cut and also lessened in strength.

Don`t worry Jaxx I know it is hard to cope with now but when the new you emerges at the end of your weight loss journey (and so far you have done soo well) you will find it easier to cope with as well more easy to move around.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Im the same as you ladies with arthritis in all my weight bearing joints, it really can be painful. I like Kit can be a lot worse when its wet or damp and deffinately worse in the cold. Im hoping I will become more mobile as I loose weight, fingers crossed !
Hope you feel better soon Jaxx XX

Back