• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back again........

rickysmrs

Hi I was originally refused WLS at the consultants meeting due to me not eating enough at the time because my chronic fatigue was sevre at the time. This was about 3 yrs ago. I know manage my chronic fatigue and I have re-approached my GP for referal which has been accepted and I am due to once again see the consultant at the end of Oct. I am nervous I will be refused again I have put on more weight since last visit due to being awake more so eating more and also an eptopic pregnancy last year left me comfort eating. Are all consultants the same as in attitude??? I just remember the tyriad of insults that was fired at me the last time ie, who's been eating all the pies, or is your choice the cakes,you could say no once in a while? I was at this stage after waiting around for 4 hours very fatigued and in no mood to argue but I thought this was not very professional, but oh well if its the same consultant I will just have to ignore to get where I need to be for health reasons...........oops SORRY TO GO ONNNNNNNNNNNNN AND ONNNNNNNNN lol xx

The first consultant you saw was a weight loss surgeon? I've never heard anything like it. I mean I've heard of doctors say that unprofessional crap before, in fact met more than I can count but not a consultant that is in the business of helping us lose weight. That is appalling and shame on him for taking advantage of someone in a vunerable position. My consult was extremely professional and such a gentleman. I know he makes a lot of money from his business but he is also passionate about helping people in our situation. As far as I'm aware most people have a similar experience to me and usually love their consultant. I very much hope you get a different one this time. This process is slow and difficult enough without idiots like that in your way. Best of luck, hope it all goes through for you this time x

That is shocking - I would have reported him! I have previously reported someone who did not make me feel comfortable - if he's like that again don't just accept it.

That is awful. Who the hell does he think he is? Know one should be speaking to anyone like that. I would have reported him. Good luck this time I hope you get a lovely consultant that actually listens and understands your needs

Paula x

Thanks guys if it is the same conslultant my hubby comming with me this time so I got some back up, I thought at the time OMG what a prat and whilst I was there I did wonder why so many of the patients where comming out in tears!!!! I will deffo report him if he still uses the same approach.

Hi rickysmrs, I also have chronic fatigue but frustratingly I don't think many doctors, no matter what their field, understands what that means to someone's lifestyle.

I fought for help with mine for 3 years, to manage and pace etc, was under a dietician who got very frustrated cos she said I was the healthiest eater she had but the only one not losing weight.

When you have CFS/ME the medication you have to take helps put weight on, plus you don't have the ability to exercise off any excess you might have at say a aprty (shame on you lol)!!

I was refused funding, they just ignored my condition and suggested I go to a weight management programme. So p'd off with the arrogance I couldn't be bothered nor had the energy to fight. Life is too short, I'd already tried for 3 years, wasn't going to waste anymore time miserable.

I wish you luck this time, I would suggest you gen up on your condition and the limitations it puts on you so you can fully inform the consultant when you go.

Back