• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back from latest hospital check up.

daftmoo

what a way to spend my 41st Birthday, four hours of driving for a 45min appointment and blood tests.
The out come was
only lost 2.3kg since November should have been more.
Need to see GP urgently about BP, cold hands and feet and tiredness
Up my exercise
get professional help with food issues
I'm not on a diet, eating for life
no eating between meals
chew each mouthful 20 times
I'm eating bigger portion sizes then a lot of others at this stage
bypass was 100cm, doesnt know pouch size.

Come home more fed up then ever

Hi Sue,
Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the weight loss. It did include Xmas though so don't beat yourself up about it too much. You've lost a lot in total.
Good luck with getting the professional help around your eating issues. I found CBT to be really helpful, although you do need to put in the work each week in filling out thought diaries etc. But it really helped me to see the link between emotions and food.
I've heard a lot of other people mention using a smaller plate to help with their portion control. Have you tried that?
I'm still pre op so can't really advise but just wanted to post and say well done on losing weight and try not to be too disheartened. xxx

sue dont be disheartened, we all lose weight at different rates, its taken me from april 30 2010, to lose 67lb, but its come of slow and steady with a few little stalls along the way, but its come off and thats all that matters. your doing great, big hugs xxx

I use a tea plate(side plate) for my main meals, a kiddies bowl for cereal and a dessert dish for stews

the meals aren't 1 feet high though are they lol?

Maybe the help they suggested will make it a bit easier. The plates you use are ok sizewise so maybe its not portion control. Im really at a loss as to what else to sugegst hun but I hope you get to the bottom of it (HUG) XX

Back