• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad health 1 year 7 Months Post Op

Auntie Bee

Hi All,

Is anyone else experience extreme tiredness at this late stage. I'm always sick, pick up every flu/infection going, have been sick for 5 weeks now, started with flu for 2 weeks then chest infection for 3 weeks. Cant keep my eyes open, am going to bed as soon as i get home from work! surely this is not normal for a 31 year old who has just shed 7 stone???

Someone help me and tell me you've been through the same!

Have you had your bloods checked? You could have a deficiency.
I personally do seem to pick up more colds etc now post op and my bloods are fine, I dont know if its just that I have less reserves for my body to use to fight now, but I do seem to get more bugs than before, though with your tiredness I would definately get your bloods checked.
Steph xx

I'm the complete opposite I'm afraid. Full of gusto and never had anything since the op. I feel myself getting a cold but then I go out and exercise etc as normal and it never materialises.

Sorry you're not too good. As above, make an appointment and get an MOT :)

I have had my first cold/chest infection since my op, but I think this is because of how low I have been since having my gall bladder out and with my hubby and 2 daughters having this nasty virus hats going round it was inevitable theat I would get it.

You need to speak to your gp or provider and as steph said get your bloods checked as this is not normal x

Back