• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bag Check please

tartanlady

cant think straight please tell me have I forgotten anything

here is what I am thinking of taking have to take everything I need as there is no one that could bring me anything while I am in.

Knickers oh yes
2 x nighties
dressing gown
soap bag with toiletries
slippers
dry mouth spray
vitamins
windeze (got them after reading about the wind)
a bottle of sugar free lemon squash
meds (seeing dr Tuesday about seeing what I can get liquid form)
something to read as it states nothing valuable so scared to take my kindle with me or my ipad :(

thanks

Clothes to go home in, and make sure they are lower cut undies as full briefs may rub the dressing. I wore a dress to go home in as it meant not having trousers go near my cuts. A drinks cup for the way home depending on the length of the journey, and a pillow for the way home to put over your tummy to stop the seatbelt rubbing.

Hiya :) stop stressing! Lol

The manor will pretty much stop your medications anyway after surgery. I last took bp, diabetes meds etc 48 hours before my surgery and havnt had one pill since then.. If u do still need them hospital pharmacist will sort you out with disolveable/liquid equivalents to take home with your "goody bag" filled with fortimel and stuff.

I had my laptop with me during 4mnths of my stay, just got the nurse in control of my bay to lock the locker when not in use. As I said to u when we had coffee, I live 2 mins away from you my friend, and if u need anything whilst ur there on ward 10, all u have to do is ask! If ur taking ur phone u might need your charger, lip balm is a good one to take, squash can be purched on the ward when the league of friends trolley comes round every morning for about a quid, or in the Spar main entrance (I know I bought 6 whilst nil by mouth to sniff and had them allllL confiscated)

Vitamins etc.. They'll send you home with dalivit, adcal-d3 (bleurghhh) and fastabs (bleurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!) Soo don't worry! I wish u all the best of luck and as previously said if you need anything grabbing, just shout :)

My letter said no valuables too but I have some suitcase combination locks that I was going to use so I could watch my sky movies on my Ipad lol

I had my bypass 3wks ago and I hardly used any thing I packed,as I just slept most of the time,I wore leggings to go home and a baggy top,good luck and speedy recovery,chillie x

Hiya just a thought but can youtake "windease" after a bypass??? someone on another post mentioned gripe water what you give to babies as itis liquid. Good Luck hun. xx

Hiya :) stop stressing! Lol

The manor will pretty much stop your medications anyway after surgery. I last took bp, diabetes meds etc 48 hours before my surgery and havnt had one pill since then.. If u do still need them hospital pharmacist will sort you out with disolveable/liquid equivalents to take home with your "goody bag" filled with fortimel and stuff.

I had my laptop with me during 4mnths of my stay, just got the nurse in control of my bay to lock the locker when not in use. As I said to u when we had coffee, I live 2 mins away from you my friend, and if u need anything whilst ur there on ward 10, all u have to do is ask! If ur taking ur phone u might need your charger, lip balm is a good one to take, squash can be purched on the ward when the league of friends trolley comes round every morning for about a quid, or in the Spar main entrance (I know I bought 6 whilst nil by mouth to sniff and had them allllL confiscated)

Vitamins etc.. They'll send you home with dalivit, adcal-d3 (bleurghhh) and fastabs (bleurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!) Soo don't worry! I wish u all the best of luck and as previously said if you need anything grabbing, just shout :)

Ear plugs, incase it's a noisy ward :)

Lol got me earplugs.

1 and only pair of cotton knickers for the walk to thearter lol but dfo have others for after hahaha had to edit to add this bit

Thanks Scooter I just hate the thought of putting anyone out That nurse gave me a massive carrier bag saying I gotta take me meds in lol. Still going to drs and get my mst's changed to oral morphine though lol.

i'll be taking my picture of my kids and my kindle

I know you guys said they say no valuables, but I can't be without my phone, as I am visually impaired and can't read normal print books. So hopefully it won't be stolen.

Hi and good luck, I am a bit of a worrywort so in
In my Hospital bag,

Journal/filofax and pen (i like the puzzles)
Kindle or book will decide after pre op appointment
Mobile
pjs and nightshirt
dressing gown
boot slippers
croc flipflops(for shower) so wont slip
washbag, travel size where pos. facial cloths(wipes) cleanser, toner, face cream and serum, handcream, lip balm, eyeserum, tweezers, razor, toothbrush and paste, soap, towel (mini mirror)
Hairbrush, clips and scrunchi, and B O blaster.
Detol fine mist spray can thing. I use it to spray the area around the bed. Just to keep all bugs away (the noro virus is doing the rounds up here so being extra careful)
Meds and current prescription to remind doc that I will need liquid version of some. I will remove wedding and engagment ring before leaving home. Its so cold up here too I may also pack a cardie.
I will take mini bottles of water and deflatium for just incase :) Leggings and comfy bra and knickers plus baggy top for home journey. The air can bruise your whole tummy area so loose clothing home i think will be a must. A pillow in the car that can stay in there. I have already pre shopped ready meals in for hubby and slow cooker will be on the day I go in so he can just serve himself when he gets home! I will set up a feed the cat and dogs msg to ping husband. Followed by the WALK the Dogs msg. Also list will be stuck on the Fridge to remind him to feed the animals.
Oh and a Plastic bag in the side pocket of the bag to put the dirty laundry in.
Hmmm just re read my list. I am more like my mum than I thought ;p
Hope that gives you some idea. I also take a small bin bag like what you have in your bathroom bins. for rubbish. Just incase stuck in bed far from a waste bin.
Fingers crossed for you.

Back