• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help with my bag pls :)

funky24

here is my list as follows

deciding pjs or nighties? - still to buy
slippers
knickers - still to buy
travel shower gel,shampoo,deo etc
toothbrush etc
towel
face wipes
lip balm
nas squash - still to buy
dry mouth spray - still to buy
socks?
dressing gown
hair brush
phone and charger/ headphones
bath sponge
mag/puzzle book
loose change?
sanitary towels - just incase lol
comfy clothes
pillow for 2 hour journey home :/ lol

should i bother with makeup straighteners etc??
have i missed anything important? thanks everyone :) xxxx
Pre op 24th october. 2 week milk diet 29th october. Operation 13th november :)

I was really comfy with pyjamas and not so much with the nighty.

I didn't use money at all, didn't carry it either.

Hairdryer is something I was glad I took with me because they ask you to shower before your op and I didn't see a hairdryer there.

I had my band fitted in a private hospital (Dolan Park) so my comments apply to my own experience of course =] Actually, I'll go and edit my list to note what I used and what I didn't.

Best of luck with your pre-op diet and surgery! x

thankyou all, i will leave the straighteners at home :O haha ahhh ok so is it not worth me showering before i leave i wonder?! il ask at my pre op...thanks for the best wishes i cant wait x x

Definitely Socks!

Oh and a hand held fan...

When I was in hosp with kidney stones my feet were freezing but my face was baking hot cause hospitals like to keep the heating up high!

xxx

Ok il defo pack some socks, i get really really cold feet so always always got socks on, heard i may not need them as il have support stockings?!
Ahh my handheld fan just broke :/ il have to add it to me shopping list lol dont find many places that sell them these days tho :( xx

thankyou all, i will leave the straighteners at home :O haha ahhh ok so is it not worth me showering before i leave i wonder?! il ask at my pre op...thanks for the best wishes i cant wait x x

definitely worth asking, I showered at home before leaving and wasn't asked again at the hospital. Another different thing with different providers/hospitals lol

I found a nightshirt better than pyjamas, and if you dont have slippers, any slip on shoes will do (I used a pair of croc flip flops), there was also a plentiful supply of towels in my room and I didn't take one with me at all. Lip balm I used, but wouldn't have had a need or want for dry mouth spray.

thankyou very much topkat :) il ask at the pre op about shower as i was originally gonna have one before i left home/hotel. i have some slippers now :) and a strawberry flavour lip balm and water melon :p lol need to buy some nightwear still. thinking will one be enough or is it best to take 2 ? x x

Im a bander and only in overnight so I only took a fairly long night shirt, but I did have a pair of "lounge" trousers which were like PJs and used them in the morning to pop on. If you're in longer, 2 would be safer I would say :)

Ahh ok thankyou :) Im having a bypass, i was told 2-3 days , but i heard people say they in hospital gown most of it...il take 2 in case i think :) im gonna take my harem trousers and a top for coming home so could always take an extra pair of comfy bottoms....ahh my head is spinning lol x

Have a look in poundland for hand held fans or even amazon.

I got some very comfy lounge-y trousers from TU at sainsburys (I'm a 26 but the 22 fit fab) they are un-pyjamaish and quite okay to nip to the papershop in of a sunday morning, plus they don't have an elasticated waistband they've just got a thick jersey band at the waist.

I am getting very envious now :jelous:

I WANT MY OP NOW :cry:

xxx

Il look in poundland thankyou :) Oooh and sainsburys haha! Awww any ideas when yours is? sometimes feel bit bad posting bout my date cos know what its like to wait. been a long wait so far. first went to my gp in 2010! :) xx

oh don't be daft hun! post away :D It's great to hear about how excited you are and it just makes me look forward to my op even more.

So far it's been just over a year since I re-started the process but in total it's been three years, as there was a mini-blip about 12 months in and I had a bit of a meltdown.

I'm just sitting staring at my phone willing it to ring.

xxx

Hi Hun, I would take a pair of slip on shoes/pumps to come home in as I struggled to bend to put trainers on and had to do a swap with my other half lol xx

Hehe iv been exactly the same, everytime my phone rang lol :) x Thanks saranne slip on shoes added to my list :) haha hope your other halfs shoes werent to much bigger :D hehe xx

I have to agree socks are a must I got some of those tote socks they have like grippers on the soles so you don't slip

hi
good luck
i only took the essentials
couldnt be bother with make up or tongs
just comb to look decent

kay x

Back