• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ballon Journey

Joandripple

Hi. I am having a balloon fitted on Tuesday 6 November at Springfield Hsp in Chelmsford. Anyone else on here had WLS there too?

I had a band in 2004 and lost over 6 stone, but 2 years ago my pouch twisted and I had it removed by Mr Mannur at the Homerton. Since then I have put on 2 stone, maybe not a lot to some but. Most of it came back quite quickly and stabilised for the last year or so.

I am after some advice as to how other ballooners cope with every day life after the initial insertion time (I know it is gonna be hard for the first days or so!). I lead a rather busy life having 3 children and a horse who I ride nearly everyday and have to look after myself as he is on DIY which means I muck out, turn out, feed etc myself! I am hoping to be able to get on with my life as normal after those first few days.

Thank for reading and any advice would be appreciated.

Jo

Hi Joan :)

I am a fellow ballooner :D .. I was advised not to do lifting and exercise for a week after 1st getting balloon.. Personally i felt ok although very bloated
and was being sick quite a lot the first 2 weeks..
It depends how your body accepts the balloon.

Good luck and let us know how you are going

Nicky xx

How are you getting on Nicky? I hope the balloon is going well for you.

Hi Nicky.

Thank for your response. Just had my pre-op check and all fine.

One question, when you are sick during the first few days is it projectile and unstopable or can you control it till you get to the sick bowl? Sorry to be so graphic.

Jo x

Hi I had my balloon put in 3 weeks ago
I was majorly ill for the first 5 days couldn't hardly manage to get out of bed.
Let me know If you have any questions :)

Hi LJade,

OMG 5 days! I was hoping for less than that. But I know everyone is different. My balloon is being fitted 6/11 and I have a wedding to go to on 17th I sure hope it is do able.
Are you now able to eat most things - but smaller portions? What is a typical daily menu? How much do you have to lose? I want to shed about 15 kilos.

Jo x

I have lots to loose around 4 stone but I've lost 1 1/2 already :D
Yes I can eat whatever but get full up quick...I eat from a side plate.
Today I have had boiled egg with 1 slice whole meal bread,snacks jacks with Philadelphia (I work in a cafe so it's hard to find time for lunch ) half a can of tuna fish ,omelette (using 1 egg ) and beans for dinner and fruit :)
I am still struggling a lot with exercise as Evan going up stairs makes me out of breath and shaky but I'm hoping this passes.
:D

Well done on your 1 1/2 stone loss so far. That's a great loss on three weeks. I need to fit into a dressing I wore about 10 months after my band and I was about 11 stone. I am 12 stone give or take a couple of pounds now, so fingers crossed I will be around 11 by the 17th!

Thank for the sample menu! Have you been sick from over eating? And when you r sick is it really violent?

Jo x

Hi everyone - I just had my balloon placed a week ago, on November 27th. I have to say I did not expect the sickness to be so severe and so overwhelming. I am back to work today (Monday December 3rd) but extremely weak and shaky, cramping, and very bloated. I am so uncomfortable. Trying to hang in there but it is really hard!!

Hi,
Hang on in there janeylaney my sickness was awfull! But it will pass I've had mine in nearly 2months I've lost 2 stone but I do feel I can eat more now :( to be honest I still get shaky now so haven't been doing exercise but I'm doing bike rides now :D

No mine is the 6 month one (i have forgot what its called how bad is that !!!!!!) i had it done with healthier weight.
how are you getting on ginzeh??
i havent weighed myself for a few weeks but last time i checked i had lost 2 stone :)

Update; finance company are cancelling agreement and refunding me the £600 I've paid so far!!! Just hope credit card people give me some back! =)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back