• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band on Thursday

ginny

Hi all feeling good about the op, not looking forward to a flight home, Birmingham to Scotland plus an hours drive after that ( OH picking me up from the airport) Do you think I should be asking for extra painkillers for the journey? Crazy that I'm more worried about the journey home!

Hi I'm going to Dolan Park! Will be interesting to compare notes post op hehe. Just stressing about this trip home now

I was banded ar Dolan park on 13/8. Can not fault the amazing staff and care. Good luck ladies x

If I sat down or stood up, I didn't have any pain. My only pain was when I was going from seated to standing.
When I left hospital they gave me two bottles of paracetamol suspension and a pack of soluble tramadol. I took the paracetamol but didn't need anything more.

Fingers crossed your journey goes well - how long will it take in total?

take a small cushion with you. I had a 4 hour car journey after and found the pillow helped me get comfy x x

I tooka cushion and didn't need it in the end... But yes, better safe than sorry. Good luck with your op on Thursday.

Hey Ginny, good luck for the op! I am sure you will be grand.

I had no pain initially post op, but the next morning I had to have something prior to journey.

I was offered paracetamol, codeine or tramadol. Being in my own words - stupid, I thought 'oh, I havent had anything', so I will start with something low in potency and took the paracetamol. I wish I had at least went for the codeine, as I was in a 2 hour car journey from Birmingham to Greater Manchester. Though it wasn't really painful, it was uncomfortable.

Make sure you just ask for what you want and at Dolan park they will send you away with a bottle of paracetamol at least, as well.

x

Good luck for today :)

Hope you are feeling ok :)

All done!

Hi just to say thanks for your best wishes. All went well, op straightforward, care at Dolan Park was great. Mr Richardson was my surgeon and he was lovely. Journey home wasn't too bad either just took too long and now I'm tired. Not in much pain just feel a bit bruised. Have five small scars, all in a line, will the port be the one that's most sore? Xx

Back