• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band v sleeve

Jussy123

Hi I had my first consultation today, I went along with the gastric band as my choice however in speaking to the dietician I'm now wondering if the sleeve would be better for me. What I would like to know is how long is the recovery period? When can I go back to work more to the point, the consultant mentioned 4-6 weeks!

Any advice much appreciated

When I very first started this journey I only heard of the band and a whisper about the bypass after talking with the hospital psychologist and talking about what kind of eater I am it turns out the bypass was better( classic over eater) after that the bypass was the only way and I have no regrets what so ever

it was a none brainer sleeve for me, but what you got to factor in the type of work no hevey lifting untill you been given the all clear.
not even driving within 6 weeks after the sleeve.
when you have the band you can be in and out in day but the problem is that the band needs to have checke ups and adjusting if you over eat your band wont give in and you be sick this way also your pipe can become blocked if you dont chew properly and let the food digest properly.
but with a sleeve any complications from this can become life threatening say leaks there one person who had leaks please check her out on hear it well worth the read also you be on vitamins for the rest of your life

I was certain I wanted a band too but now want a bypass. I was told there's a high failure rate eventually for bands and as I'm 30 I'm hoping my surgery weight loss will last for at least 40 more years. They also said you loose more with a bypass or sleeve. I've no strong feeling either way about bypass or sleeve they seem to be much of a much-ness.

I thought I wanted a band at first as having my stomach cut out freaked me out but after a lot of research I decided on the sleeve, I couldn't be happier with it. There's no thought to it, no over eating and it's been very successful for me personally. I don't think the band would have worked for me.
As for work, I had three weeks off then went back on restricted duties for three weeks, that being based in the office.
Good luck with your choice.

Back