• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders - describe your restriction

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
I was thinking how do you describe the restriction of a gastric band??

For me I have had 2 fills and my 9ml band has 3.75mls in and can no longer manage bread in any form, and what could sit in the bottom of a dessert bowl is enough to hold me over for at least 3-4 hours. Uncooked cheese also gets a little stuck.

Bread, pasta and rice are good markers, if you struggle with these restriction is good. If these slide down easily you need more in your band.

I get to a point where I feel really full and know the next mouthful could push it too far. I had this earlier when I decided to try a marker food, half a slice of wholemeal bread toasted. It came back to haunt me, so that in a way is cool coz it means I have some decent restriction. So now I stop before it gets near the pain level.

Its kicked in and hopefully will stay for a bit :)

for me restriction comes in two levels.

level 1 = no bread, rice, pasta & certain meats , that was the 1st ajustment to deal with, this was a good thing for me especially no bread as i used to eat a lot of it.

level 2 = this is the harder part i had the restriction as said above, but i felt i needed more restriction to work with, another fill has fine tuned my band restriction wise, i know now what i can and cant eat but the extra fill has given me portion control of healthy meals & control of my pouch and i know when to stop eating.

thats the best way i can describe my experience of restriction.

My surgeon said that if chicken becomes a problem try the thigh meat, its softer and less fibrous...I can cope much better with this, so it must work.

I don't really have any yet, anything goes down quite well x

i have semi restriction i cant eat chicken sausages most prossed meat pasta bread fish im now in fine tuning i need a bit more portion control and i think my next fill should do it

i cant eat normal bread but i can eat danish thin bread if im desperate and nothing else in house but only one slice toasted but salad stil goes down easy peasy and iv been told when im in the right spot this will become more difficult i have 7.45 mls in a 14ml band and am so close to the sweet spot i can almost taste it lol

Hi

Mine varies. This morning was really "gurgling" with smoothie but since then have eaten ryvita, quorn etc and no problems. I'm ok with bread at the moment but am trying to be restrained and not eat it. I feel that I will definitely need more fill but I'm going to see how it goes. I have 7 ml in a 10-12ml band. I've had 2 fills so far but am still really early days.

I have found there is only bread that I cant eat as for just about everything else it goes down pretty easy. I am due another fill on Thursday at present I have 6.5mls but not sure what size the band is.
Some days I do feel slightly more restriction but I wouldnt say it is a feeling of fullness that makes me stop more that it feels stuck if that makes sense. I was hoping to feel full after eating but I would describe the feeling I sometimes get as uncomfortable rather than feeling full.
Hope this time I get the restriction I need as I havent lost anything since Xmas although I havent put on which is a good thing but disheartening.

I have found there is only bread that I cant eat as for just about everything else it goes down pretty easy. I am due another fill on Thursday at present I have 6.5mls but not sure what size the band is.
Some days I do feel slightly more restriction but I wouldnt say it is a feeling of fullness that makes me stop more that it feels stuck if that makes sense. I was hoping to feel full after eating but I would describe the feeling I sometimes get as uncomfortable rather than feeling full.
Hope this time I get the restriction I need as I havent lost anything since Xmas although I havent put on which is a good thing but disheartening.

after banding "the full feeling" is not the same as previous when we could eat normal, its a feeling in the top pouch, and if i continue to eat after that feeling i will be sick. thats where the band has learnt me portion control, and learning to live with the band rules, it all takes time to ajust to.

liz x

this has been an interesting read:), as all i get usually with chicken or very very dense food is pain as it passes the band but not every day so im looking forward to knowing more about my band and feeling full and losing weight lol

Back