• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders- How many mls to good restriction?

coralie

I was just wondering at what mls you got good restriction?

I understand that everyone is different, i was just curious...

I'm 9cc band...5.5mls in band and not feeling restriction yet.

I understand that an amount of fill can dissipate over time... Should your mls be checked before each new fill is added??

Thanks for your help!

8 and 3/4s for me in a 9mil band, I am hopefully getting more (if it'll go in lol) next month. I only need a tad more to feel like I'm at sweet spot.
I'm an ex compulsive eater / emotional eater though hun, so I probably am the worst case feeble minded individual amongst the banders on here!!!
Probably won't take you much more now, you seem to be doing great so far.
No-one has actually checked my band before giving any of my fills, just look at my notes and fire away.

Hi Coralie

I think you will find the answers will differ, everyone is different and what might be good for some wont for others. My personal experience is that without a fill (no fill on operation)I lost 34lbs, I felt restriction etc. Since my 1st fill I feel it more - I cannot eat anywhere near as much as I did before and have lost a further 5lbs. Im going for another fill in September but I only want a small one beacuse I dont ever want the cant eat/sick/slider foods cycle. My current fill is 3mls in a 9cc band x

Coralie you said in your diary you have reavaluated your eating habbits and I really hope it works for you x

coralie everyone is different, i have had 2 fills and i have 4.5 ml in a 9ml band and its perfect for me, my sis has 5.5ml in the same size band its taken the extra mil for my sis to get the same restriction as me, restriction also comes down to the food choices made by the individual.

liz x

I have 8.3 mls in a 10ml band. I am starting to get restriction but have not reached the sweet spot yet. I am hoping another fill in a couple of weeks might help. Will see, I am lucky because I can just phone up and let them know i need a fill an they see me straight away.

I have 7.5 in a 9ml band. This is great restriction for me as I can hardly eat anything. At each fill they take everything out and start from fresh with the saline.Because you can lose a little they need to know exactly whats in there and the only way they can tell is if they empty your band completelyxx

Thank you ladies for all your comments. :)

I know everyone is different, but was just intrigued to see the different levels that work for people.

At 5.5ml in a 9cc band, i guess i must be getting close to getting restriction... Patience Coralie!!

Back