• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Beginning stages

ready2bhealthy

Hi all! I am beginning the pre op testing to get approved for DS surgery. I have done a sleep study and meet with a dietician Monday! I'm very excited to get these things done so I can be on my way to having surgery hopefully early summer! I look forward to meeting some people and learning from the veterans! Hope everyone has a great day! - Shannon

hello and welcome to the forum theres lots of useful info within its pages and just shout out if you have any questions someone will be along with advice n answers. good luck xx

hi I had ds end Nov 11 I have lost all my excess weight plus another 4lb :) it didn't say who is doing it and where I had Mr Kerrigan he was brilliant unfortunately had a few problems but still glad I had it :) you may need to do post op diet for a few weeks before they agree with the op to prove you will be able to live with the diet for life because it Is so drastic x I apologise if you know 'll this already just there's not so many people accepted so good luck and I look forward to reading all about it :)

hi I had ds end Nov 11 I have lost all my excess weight plus another 4lb :) it didn't say who is doing it and where I had Mr Kerrigan he was brilliant unfortunately had a few problems but still glad I had it :) you may need to do post op diet for a few weeks before they agree with the op to prove you will be able to live with the diet for life because it Is so drastic x I apologize if you know 'll this already just there's not so many people accepted so good luck and I look forward to reading all about it :)

No reason to apologize! I am in the USA, in Texas and Dr. Stewart is doing my surgery! I think it's a little easier to get approved here in America, I don't know for sure, but from reading in these forums it sounds a bit difficult over there! I don't think the insurance company will require the diet pre op I know I will have a psych eval, sleep study (already completed), cardiac stress test, and EGD. Since I have been diagnosed with sleep Apnia and am a type 2 Dabetic that is usually enough to get the insurance company to agree!

yes I had those :) I believe there's very few done here approx 6 a year and not many surgeons but I think it will become more once more surgeons are trained :) but as it is such a drastic operation and the chances of malnutrition and complications quite high will still take a long time in this country to be a common operation x good luck with everything xx

Back