• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie who has lots of questions

larabelle

Hi there, I have decided the hospital and proceedure, just waiting for my first dietician and sleep study appointment. Saw my consultant at the Yorkshire clinic on Thursday and he seems to think that I could be having the proceedure done mid January.

I am so excited and so nervous at the same time so hopefully will get support here.

Hi! I'm having a bypass in eleven short days, although the pre-op diet is making those days seem longer ;) lol. I'm new here too (just joined at the weekend). It's nice to meet you, although I don't know how helpful I will be at answering any questions :) x

Hi and welcome. Xx

thanks everyone. keep refreshing my emails to see when the date of the dietitian will be, this has taken 5 years to get this far from when i first enquired about surgery and being told im not fat enough for NHS funding.

Hi Lara. Welcome. We are here for you. Any questions just ask, and someone will surely come along without too much wait.

I was also too 'thin' at 18.5 stone with BMI over 46 and healthy to be considered on the NHS - no amount of trying to reason that I one day I wouldn't be so healthy and carrying lots of extra weight around since I was toddler (am now 50) would surely speed things up ... So lets prevent the inevitable and get me 'done' ... But no. The decision to self-fund was the best choice I have probably ever made. The procedure was very straight forward, tho the first few weeks after were immensely challenging I won't lie. I'm nearly 5months post bypass and eating a wide range of normal foods, just not much of them. I have lost 5stone 3 lbs - size 22/24 to 16. Woooo!

I am genuinely excited for you and you won't regret it. Hugs xx

hi welcome and goodluck

Thanks everyone. From a place outide Leeds called ilkley. Going with Yorkshire clinic. Has anyone had any experiences there

Back