• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Biggest mistake

Nanny Og

Does anyone else feel like they've mad the biggest mistake of their life having this op done?

Maybe I'm just having a down day but I am not coping with the lack of nutrients going into my body my other problems as bad if not worse than they were and not being able to have anything other than soup or yogurt. The only yogurt we have in the house is strawberry muller light which is so full of bits there's hardly any yogurt.

I want it all to end.

I need someone to prove to me it will get better and I will enjoy life again

Hi pg
I'm having a down day I'm two and a half weeks out from bypass. I'm on liquids until at least next week
Everything I've had for the last two days has made me sick and I just can't see the end today. I moaned about the yogurts and it would take me seconds to purée it. It was a toys out of the pram moment.
I suffer from intracranial hypertension which causes extreme headaches and when the presssure in my head is too high it alters my mood. as it has today
I still need reassurance that it will get better

It does get better x
You are fresh out of a major operation, still healing and head needing to catch up with the changes. Liquid and puree stages are blinking boring (IMO) but you move through them faster than you think and enjoy the new textures and flavours - having said that, Puree stage felt like forever to me at the time!

I had my op in January and I honestly feel 'normal' now, my eyes are still to big for my belly but I'm getting used to leftovers!

Being sick is horrible, the first time it really hit me hard was with soup - totally wiped me out. No wonder you feel down if that is going on.

I hope you get lots of support and advice here, and that you feel better really quickly x

Don't worry it will get better soon, the early days do make you think my god what have I done but once all the healing is done you will feel much better, I am about 6 weeks post opp with a bypass and I now feel fantastic with so much energy, I have not felt this good in years, but 2 weeks ago when I had a day when I couldn't keep anything down was another thing, it only lasted a day and was because one of my morning meds was getting stuck, as soon as I found it was ok to open the capsule and take the contents on its own I was fine, now I can even take Forceval without any problems and they are huge

Give it time it will soon get better.

Paul

As others have said, you are newly out, and you have been through major surgery so your body is all over the place.

I am now 8 months out, and I lead a 'normal' life now.

Just stick with it, and if you need help, give me a shout.

Hi hun, I can only imagine I will feel similar in two weeks time myself, but one thing struck me about your post - you asked for proof it will get better. I would suggest rereading some of Ryanrara's posts for that - he too had a rough time and he is way happier now - maybe reading through those will help. I know everyone's different, but this is by no means an easy thing to go through.

Nanny Og said:
Does anyone else feel like they've mad the biggest mistake of their life having this op done?

Maybe I'm just having a down day but I am not coping with the lack of nutrients going into my body my other problems as bad if not worse than they were and not being able to have anything other than soup or yogurt. The only yogurt we have in the house is strawberry muller light which is so full of bits there's hardly any yogurt.

I want it all to end.

I need someone to prove to me it will get better and I will enjoy life again

Take one day at a time... That's all you can do in the beginning.
The first few months are tough!
But you will get used to the change..
And once the weight drops off...be ready for your brand new life!!!

My confidence is much better,I make an effort to look nice,I can play with my children,my partner thinks he's got a new woman!!!..lol

I'm 15 months post op,I had a bypass..
Food is just a source of energy now,not something my whole world revolves around now.

Hope this helps in anyway xx

Nanny Og it does get better like people have said on here its just a waiting game of trial and error and trying to listen and understand your new little pouch, no one said it would be plain sailing, and any one that has had it done knows its not aquick and easy thing to go through. It is major surgery wehter its key hole or open surgery, either way its a big thing for the body and mind to cope with, without your other medical problem. I haven't spoken to one person yet who hasn't had at least one problem mine was mainlky the constipation, to some that might be trivial but if you suffer its far from trivial it takes over your day to day life as does any other problem after an op like this. You will get better and feel better once you see the weight moving off and inches disappearing from your body, I find it hard to remember now what it was like on the puree stage, its just food as normal healthy and very small amount. I'm sure in amonth or 2 you will look back and just see a small blip on the screen. xx

image-403802134.jpg

Proof!! We've all been there, I was sick for weeks, couldn't see an end to it. It got better and it pays off.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I felt exactly the same! Spent time crying on the sofa thinking i had ruined my life by doing the op and was so angry at myself for letting myself get to the point of needing the op. It is all about your body and mind adjusting to these dramatic changes. I am 3 months out and just under 5 stone lighter and can now say that it was all worth it. I have more energy everyday and feel like i have a future now. You will feel better very soon. You will be able to eat normal foods and your energy will go up and as the weight comes off and clothes start falling off you will feel fab. I think i went through a grieving stage for how life was before, eating what i wanted when i wanted and although it was bad i enjoyed food. Now i know there is more to life than food and its just fuel! Not what i should be using whenever i was happy, depressed, annoyed or in between!
hope you feel better soon and it really really does get better xxx

Me too

I empathise strongly and will be using any support that comes your way.
For me it has triggered an anxiety condition so things are tough right now. Lets hope things improve for us both.

I empathise strongly and will be using any support that comes your way.
For me it has triggered an anxiety condition so things are tough right now. Lets hope things improve for us both.

(((hugs))) to you and Og. I hope things get better for you soon.

I am only 2 weeks and 1 day post op, so cant give any advice other than, of course there are some who never come to terms with the decision they made. But they are outweighed by many who are very happy, even if they were not at first.

I have found this journey such an emotional rollercoaster already. But I refuse to regret it as I know this is the best choice I ever made. Fingers crossed you will feel that way soon.

And I can empathise with being sick. Its horrid! Really hope that settles for you soon also xxx

I needed this thread too. Just a week pst and I had a massive wibble and curled up with my mummy and cried. Feeling a little better now but I'm sure it does get better og xxx I'll be your Greebo.

HiddenBeauty said:
I needed this thread too. Just a week pst and I had a massive wibble and curled up with my mummy and cried. Feeling a little better now but I'm sure it does get better og xxx I'll be your Greebo.

Bless you. Hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thats why I get so peed off when idiots say its the easy option,yeah right.It does and will get better.Your illness is not helping.Stay positive and look forward to a new healthy life.Maz x

I would like to say thank you to all on this forum.

I am so glad I have somewhere to vent my fears and frustrations and that you peeps help me see sense again.

I don't think I'm eating or drinking enough. I'm definitely not drinking enough but I am trying to up my intake.

I'm feeling a bit better again and am off to have a bath just shortly as that always makes me feel better.

Tomorrow evening I will post my day's food/drink intake and will ask for your opinions on how you think I'm doing.

Again Thanks

Thats why I get so peed off when idiots say its the easy option,yeah right.It does and will get better.Your illness is not helping.Stay positive and look forward to a new healthy life.Maz x

Exactly, I was a long time weighing up the pros & cons of having this done and who in reality wants to have major surgery with all the risks associated with it.

I am trying to stay positive and I do know that if it doesn't help with the IH it will cut my risk of diabetes which scares the living daylights out of me.

I know how you're feeling.
I had my surgery the day before you did.
I've had days when i've thought, what the hell have i done. Why did i get myself to the point of needing surgery & why did i do it.
I've had days of feeling great & days when i just want to cry.

I'm also fed up of soup & i'm really struggling to drink milk. I'm managing a small amount of hot chocolate. I love chocolate..... but i prefer to eat it than drink it. I just want to be moving on to new textures and flavours.

I'm suffering with constipation at the moment & movical & suppositories aren't doing anything so far.
One of my incisions was weeping and bleeding last week too. The dietitian called me the other day and asked how i was and had i had any sickness or nausea..... i said no.
The next flaming day i started having nausea & i've had it on and off for 3 days now :cry:
I don't know if its the NAS juice i'm drinking or not.... but i don't think i should dump on that so who knows.
Its really crappy to feel sick isn't it.

Hopefully in a few weeks we'll both be feeling much better.
It's been nice to see the positive responses you've had, its helped me too.

I think the first month after the op is a very strange time, we are trying to come to terms with what we have done to our body and that we will never be the same again, we will never be able to eat like we used to. The truth is did we really want to stay like that NO we didn't thats why we have done what we have done, its very difficult to get your head around but try not to be too hard on yourselves, once the pounds melt away and you start shopping and fit into all the clothes you never thought you would you start to feel good about yourself again, people start commenting whenever you go out really raises yourself esteem and its only then when you begin to be really, greatful and thankful for what we have done and how skilful the surgeons are to have turned our lif around and helped us on our way to our new better life xx

Back