• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Biggest mistake

I think we see this bit as never ending. It will end up being such a short bit of the journey, that at some point it will pail into insignificance.

You are doing so well just to be able to talk about it, and not just letting it build up. Well done to all who have vented. It helps, if even a little x

Thank goodness for the web.
As I had mine done privately I have had no one to talk to and no support from the hospital, thank you for all support - I really need it right now.

A poem to keep you strong

When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit...
Rest if you must, but do not quit.

Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit...
It's when things go wrong that you must not quit.
✰¸.•.¸☮.¸.•*¨*•.✰¸.•*¨`*•..¸☮

Initially after the op and for a few months I wanted to hunt down my surgeon and strangle him!! I was fed up, sore, scared (mostly due to complications). I was terrified to eat the wrong thing, I resented anyone who ate in front of me but after 3 months everything fell into place and you do lead a normal life. Last night I had a moan on here as I had bad day beating myself up that I had not lost enough but reading the replies gave me a kick and I went for nice long walk and feel ok now. There will be many ups and downs but I promise you it only gets better....I barely left my house for years, now I am out and about everyday. I eat out more than I ever did, lunch with mum, sister, friends or aunts...the person beside me just gets the bonus of finishing my food!

I am sure it will get better for you, all the best x... Spare a thought for me, 16 weeks post op next Thursday , and due to complications I am stuck STILL on soups and yogurts !!

Back