• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Blood test results

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hiya
As some may know, I had my bloods checked last week so that when I see my surgeon somewhere around the year mark (its this month but no appointment set yet, dont always get a lot of advance notice though) I can show him my results and say "there, Im healthy, well nourished and almost at goal, Ive waited the year you asked me too now can I have your blessing to try for a family please?" and I nipped into my doctors today to ask if my results are back and then asked the receptionist if she could sort me out with a printout of the results and she did...a full four page print out lol
Its good news, everything is normal and healthy and good, which I am really happy about, I must be taking enough multivitamins and eating a healthy enough diet to keep me healthy.
The only issue I have is that my serum firritin is on the lower range of normal, I looked it up and that is an indication of iron levels and I checked what is healthy and it is anything from twelve up to hundred and fifty something, mine is eighteen, it isnt flagged up as needing action but Im not happy to stay on the lower end of normal, it is only a few points over acceptable and I HAVE felt a little tired lately, so I have made an appointment for this afternoon to ask him what to do about it, Im hoping he suggests a little bit of extra iron, it might boost me a bit and then Ill be happier about that lower level. Ill also be getting the 5mg of Folic Acid from him too, the diabetic endecrinologist told him to, I know that because I got a copy of the letter too, so Ill get that from him today.
So all in all its all good, makes me feel good about the way Im treating myself.
Steph xx

Good luck Steph... shall be thinking of you Angel xxx

Great post Steph, Im pleased things are going so well for you......our health is the most important thing and I bet you are just so pleased to find out all your bloods are pretty good :D X

Fingers crossed misses for the go ahead for a mini you!

Well done on all yr results. x

Thanks guys xx
Its great to know that I am doing the right things to keep myself healthy, makes me confident that the way I am living and treating my body and diet etc is good so its fab actually.
Here's to sorting out a bit more iron to get me a boost of energy.
Thanks again guys xx
Steph xx

woo hoo

aw wow steph thats great news huni, well done. so its all systems go now then, fantastic. i bet you feel a lot better now especially knowing that the only thing that is slightly down is your iron, and thats so easily fixed.
good luck when you go and see your gynae woman. big hugs xxx

You are doing fantastically hun, I do hope your as proud of you as we are of you xxx

Nice one Steph, he can't refuse you the go ahead you've done amazingly, just think this time next year you could be a mummy, happy days xxx

That is great news Steph!

My serum firritin was once down to 5 :eek: Mind you I did feel pretty grotty at the time. I'm sure you could afford to take a little extra iron supplement and boost it back up.

Aww thanks guys, I really love you lot, I hope you know that xxx
Annnnnnnyway, went to see my new GP (I love him, he is so nice and approachable and just so lovely) and told him that Ive been tired and that looking at my iron maybe I should be on something. He explained that my heamoglobin is very good in general but that one particular bit of my iron level is lower than it could be, Im not amaemic or close to being but it is wise to sort that out now rather than have to sort it out later when it could potentially be a problem, so I am now on some daily iron, he did say that my iron isnt low enough for it to be making me feel as tired as Ive been feeling, so its probably more to do with the changable weather etc (I used to suffer S.A.D from September onwards).
He also prescribed me the 5mg Folic Acid and said that he has done the referral to the gynaecologist and we had a chat about how majorly I have changed since that last saw me, he said that having looked into why they stopped seeing me, due to my very high BMI, that now that I have gotten so much of that weight off they should be able to do more to help me, he was really rather impressed at how well I had done. He seems to know a lot more about the bypass than my previous GP did, my previous one had no concept of what the operation did to a person other than making your stomach smaller, this GP was discussing about how they bypass the parts of the body that affect absorbtion etc I already knew this but it is good to see that Im in the care of someone that knows full well what is involved.
I was shocked that he has referred me already too, with my previous GP I would have had to chase him about it and he would have eventually referred me on sometime down the line, so Im pleased that my referral to the gynae is already done, he did say it might take two or three months to get to see them but I was fully expecting that.
So all in all a really good day with my GP, he is just sooooo much better than where I was before and Im thrilled to have a doctor that I can be so comfy with, it makes an awesome change.
So, this time next year, fingers crossed, I could be at least pregnant hehe scary thought really lol
Steph xx

Wooohoooo Steph you could be pregnant next year.....and in the meantime you can practice......just for research obviously :D X

Isn't it great to have a GP that has time for you and is actually interested... :)

Hope your appointment comes sooner rather than later x x

Thanks guys xx
Calliope...it is awesome, I was with my previous GP for many many years and kept putting off leaving his practice for fear of not finding anything better, I am so glad that I did because with my new GP nothing is too much, if he isnt sure of something he researches it there and then, yesterday he was trying to sort something out for me and wasnt sure of what the thing was called, so he put the internet on and checked the details to make sure it was absolutely right, my old GP wouldnt have done that, he wouldnt have cared.
Steph xx

I have good a good set of GPs too, its a group practice with 3 docs at the moment and they are all good. One of them dosnt have such a good bedside manner (miserable moo) but shes a good doc :D It does make all the difference ! X

Back