• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Blues Banding....

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
So here I start my diary/journal of my Gastric Band....

Im on day 6 of the milk diet at present....First day or so was hard...but now im breezing through it....

I was worried about my period not coming before the surgery day (17th April 2012)...but thats not a problem now, as I came on my period yesterday - woop woop .....So I'll be off in time...

Ive been doing a lot of thinking in the last few days....relating to how my body feels when its hungry and what appetite really is?!?!?

You can feel hungry, and drink some milk or water, and the pain in you belly goes...But appetite is the one that mind bends you....as it makes you think of a food item or meal, then your tastebuds in your mouth saliva as you recollect how it tastes, and you recall how it made you feel....BUT....realistically your not really tasting it, its just your mind...almost playing tricks on you....like a memory being recalled...but the reality is that the memory is just that....a memory....so now im trying to figure out how to disconnect the food memories....so that i dont sit wanting and needing food....I think I may look into this C.B.T stuff.....

Have you got bored of slimfasts yet? God I have - I can't even bring myself to make one - id rather just have the milk on its own x

Have you got bored of slimfasts yet? God I have - I can't even bring myself to make one - id rather just have the milk on its own x

My milk diet doesnt have slimfasts on it....

Each day I must have:
4pts semi skimmed milk (im allowed crusha no added sugar milkshake mix)
2pts fluid (sugar free squash/tea/coffee/water/herbal teas)
1 salty (stock cube/oxo/bovril/marmite)
1 Multivitamin tablet

I can also have:
3 sticks of chewing gum
1pt sugar free Jelly

Good on you in trying to crack the mind games now...they're killers!!!

Its weird, but ive lost my appetite....

This pre-op Milk diet has put me in a routine....and its like food doesnt exist to me anymore.... I see food in the fridge for my partner, I even cook it for him...But have no problems, nor want it. Its like my mind knows Im only allowed what Im allowed...and its settled with that fact.

Hmmm....weird revelation....

Keep it up! you will need that determination post op on the liquid stage too xx

Keep it up! you will need that determination post op on the liquid stage too xx

Thanks Mazza, I hope so too...been working on more soups today....cant taste them obviously, but watching my partner being taste tester, telling me how lovely they are...makes me excited to move onto them after the operation.

I was like that when I did it for four weeks. This time round I am finding it hard. I think mostly because I fear not being able to enjoy my food post op.

I won't deny I am a comfort/boredom/happy/sad/any other time eater but equally I am also a foodie. I love to cook and feed and experiment. I love the taste, texture and smell. So I think I am looking at what the are eating and thinking well damn. Will I be able to have that?

Last day of milk diet....Surgery tomorrow....ohhhhhh....Watch this space!

I'll find out today if I have to do the milk diet or not at my dietician appointment. I apparently get a choice of four different diets, but I think I would actually choose the milk diet, as if I am able to have small low carb meals, there is the likeliness I can fail, plus I also want to get used to a liquid-ish diet for my post op stage, and I also want to lose the maximum weight possible!

Good luck Blue and Lisav. Not long now and you'll be bandits :) You'll love it!

thanks all. just about to sleep as taxi getting me at 7am to take me to the hospital!

Back