• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brand new hello fellow ds ers

natalieilwu

Well hello everybody!!!! My name is Natalie I am scheduled for duodenal switch Thursday June 28 th yep 5 more days. I have been waiting a life time for this. I currently weigh 220 I'm down from 237 fingers crossed I can keep going on this liquid diet I failed yesterday and am very worried.

Oooo, good luck! I'm hopefully having a DS so please let me know how it goes!

Where abouts are you?

Much love, Sx

i had ds 28th nov 2011 i have lost 149lbs and it has not been easy, i had a lot of muscle damage after op and was off work 10 weeks i also had 9 holes and 5 staples in each. my op was 6 1/2 hrs and they had trouble waking me up afterwards (my poor hubby was demented with worry )if you are having the ds you will need to do the high protein diet before even the liver shrinking so they can make sure you will cope afterwards as it is 100grms per day, i had to write everything down and take it with me to consultant.
i admit i still struggle to get all the protein in and sometimes think it would've been better to have bypass but i was adamant i wanted the op with the least chance of re gaining weight and as i eat a lot of meat thought i made right choice, now i grin and bear it and try my best to do it right :) i hope i haven't put anyone off but just wanted to paint the right picture and it's not all rosy xx

Angie - you do look gorgeous though. I'm fairly sure it's the right choice for me, and thank you for sharing your story.

Natalie - how did it go hun? Biiiiig hugs.

as long as you can manage the protein you should be fine xx i've just bought my first pair of size 14's since i was 20 30 yrs ago :) good luck

Good luck

Back