• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

budge up on the losers bench - im out and ready to go

Hi christine, just been reading all your posts. im so happy that you are ok and everything went well for you. glad that your not in any pain. how long did the operation take? and what time did you go down? im dreading the boredom being in hospital. what did you take with you to pass the time away? do people feel like talking when they've just had surgery? what have you managed to eat so far then? have you been catching up on your sleep? so many questions so little time!!!

Hi christine, just been reading all your posts. im so happy that you are ok and everything went well for you. glad that your not in any pain. how long did the operation take? and what time did you go down? im dreading the boredom being in hospital. what did you take with you to pass the time away? do people feel like talking when they've just had surgery? what have you managed to eat so far then? have you been catching up on your sleep? so many questions so little time!!!

you ask away my sweet i dont mind - the op itself must not have taken that long i was taken down to anesthetics at 11.20 and waited around in there for about 15 mins then the next thing i remember was being in recovery and im sure the clock said 1.30 and according to the nurses i was back on the ward at 2.15 so not that long at all especially as i had my hernia fixed as well.

as soon as i came back to the ward i tried to have a little conversation with the girl that went down first but is hard when you keep falling asleep and have a oxygen mask on but by 4.30 i was up changed at sitting in the chair chatting to the nurses.

i have managed fine with the food monday i had to have a litre of water and if i managed that i was rewarded with a cup of milky coffee on the night - i was dying for a coffee and then as long as i could manage some weetabix on tuesday morning i was fine to go home. had puree since i got home and i am loving it coming up with lots of combinations.

i cant fault the ward and the staff at all they were fab - apart from not finding my phone charger . i was bored on saturday afternoon the night before my op but i took a couple of good books in - the nurses thought it was hysterical that they were about the afterlife and i went and got a tv card and chilled in the chair watching tv.

everything will be fine honey just look to the future and remember you are doing this for all the right reasons. see you on the loser bench xxxxxxxxxxx:D

So glad you are done and dusted Chris... and every good wish in every way as always Angel.

Love and hugs xxx

Back