• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calling help from banders plz !!!

BlueDiamond

Hi all

As some of you may remember I posted on here about my friend before and her band, mainly due to how little she can eat.

well she has band tested (as they thought it might have been faulty due to lots of weight gain) anyhow it wasnt faulty and he gave her a very small fill , now I dont know if any of u remember but I was worried about how little she can eat before she vomits (soz if tmi):sigh: I have spoken with her again today and have found out she can only manage 2 mouthfuls of food before she vomits, and doc wants to fill her again next week. I am so worried about her as she lacks in certain vitamins now because she is not getting the nourishment she needs from the food........and once she has another fill next week she be lucky if she can manage 1 mouthful........ for instance she can buy a small bowl of pasta (about size of a small hand), or one tin of soup, or pint of smoothies (without lumps or pips) and she tells me that can last her 3/4 days..and still vomits after every 2 mouthfuls......surely this isnt normal......I know 2 banded ppl and I know they do not have this effect.......................well not to this extreme........................please tell me I aint going mad and she needs a defill and not another fill......................Sorry to rattle on just worried she gonna make herself dangerously ill and out herself into an early grave....................

Please , please any words of widsom/advice/info would be most grateful

Thanks in advance - MeJulie xx

hi julie your freind definatley needs a de fill, sounds to me like the costant wretching has made her pouch super sensitive, i would advise a de fill and liquids for a week and start again from scratch with the fills, if shes gaining weight it must be from high cal sliders such as ice cream and choc as its the only way a bander can gain when they cant eat solids, i hope she gets sorted soon hun.

liz xxx

Hi liz

thanks for posting, she isnt gaining now , but was before and thats when they thought band was faulty and decided to check it ....soz should have been more clearer......she has lost 1 & half stone since 3 weeks ago ....

hi julie, this is a very quick loss in a short time for a bander, no wonder shes losing so quick if she cant eat solids, if the surgeon does a fill while shes like this then hes crazy, the only way he would do a fill is if shes telling him lies about her eating habbits to go tighter, as no surgeon in his right mind would do this to some one when they are already to tight, she needs a de fill to get healthy nurtitious food in, id say she shouldnt of been banded as this seems like abuse of a band in deperation for a quick weight loss which isnt good.

i shall catch ya on msn soon if ya about, just gonna sort ryans food and i shall be with ya soon if u on.

liz xxxx

Hi

Is sounds like she might not be being truthful with her doctor. As Liz said the doctor should not be giving her more whilst she is like this.

If you can get her to be honest about what is happening then hopefully they can get her sorted.

Maz

Waaaaaay to tight....

She needs to sort this or she will end up in hospital having the thing removed if she is not careful.

Definitely too tight. When I had my 2nd fill it was way too tight and I vomited after each mouth full. I have persevered with it and have changed my foods so I'm having more slider foods (low cal) but my portion sizes are still small so I cope with that. I have small jacket with prawns/tuna/chilli or chicken in low fat garlic mayo. I have'nt gone onto sliders like chocolate or icecream, just healthy ones and small portions which is why I had my op in the first place so I'm happy but obviously your friend is'nt.Get her to give you a daily menu and let us know and we may be able to help advise her on her food choices toox

Back