• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cals a day

You're doing well then! I'm up to 1200 ish now but that took a good while.

I'm 15 weeks post op and on about 700 cals(sometimes less) I get all my protein in though.

Um... quite convinced I'm eating too much, and agonising over it. I'm 9 weeks out and eat around between 900-1100 kcals a day.

Fj of course that's not too much, it's good you're managing it. You may just lose slower but it will still go.

I hope you are right, weight loss is about 1 kg a week, no stalls. I feel a bit frustrated to be honest. even though I know there is now logical reason. However I am eating in response to my body, I feel really unwell and spaced out when I eat 500-700 kcals. I have an active job, although I'm not back to work yet, what I'm eating now will sustain me for 12.5 hours shifts.

I hope you are right, weight loss is about 1 kg a week, no stalls. I feel a bit frustrated to be honest. even though I know there is now logical reason. However I am eating in response to my body, I feel really unwell and spaced out when I eat 500-700 kcals. I have an active job, although I'm not back to work yet, what I'm eating now will sustain me for 12.5 hours shifts.

I'm about the same as you Fiona calorie wise and weight loss wise. As long as its coming off, thats all that matters. I feel too weak if I eat too little. I've checked with the dietician and they are pleased with my intake, so you're really not eating too much! Your body will tell you if you have eaten too much. Remember even 1200-1500 calories is still a very low intake.

Um... quite convinced I'm eating too much, and agonising over it. I'm 9 weeks out and eat around between 900-1100 kcals a day.

Please remember we're all different. Some of us do manage to eat more than others post op. If you are not overfilling than you're doing fine. In comparison to Paula I eat around 14-1600 cals at a year out. I would easily have made 1000-1200 around 5-6 months ago. If you're losing weight you're doing it right. Keep the faith.

Fj 1 kg a week is perfect. Don't be so hard on yourself! Just think this is the last time we'll be doing it hopefully x

Thanks, glad it's not just me. Never lost my appetite, it just takes a lot less to satisfy now. I don't eat to fullness at all, I just measure a portion, and finish when it's done. Also it seems there is going to be very little I can't eat. I'm such a worrier, lol. Stepping up the exercise this week in preparation for my return to work, so it will be interesting to see what effect that has.

I agree with the others Fj your not eating too much. At the moment I'm avoiding carbs so that's why my cals are low. My dietitian did say at 8 wks most people were on 5-1100 cals a day with carbs though.

LOL, you would think so right? Its the perfectionist in me, I want to do everything right, and want to be fantastically successful. I am aware that I'm not being logical at all. My mum thinks its my crazy PCOS hormones doing things to me physiologically and emotionally, she may be right.
Generally 2/3 of my diet is protein (today I had 90g), so it cant be too bad. I have appointment with my dietitian in 2 weeks, so I'll be able to pour all my crazy worries on to her then, lol.

LOL, you would think so right? Its the perfectionist in me, I want to do everything right, and want to be fantastically successful. I am aware that I'm not being logical at all. My mum thinks its my crazy PCOS hormones doing things to me physiologically and emotionally, she may be right.
Generally 2/3 of my diet is protein (today I had 90g), so it cant be too bad. I have appointment with my dietitian in 2 weeks, so I'll be able to pour all my crazy worries on to her then, lol.

I was exactly the same. And always worried because I could eat more. It took me almost a year to make peace with that and some of the comments I got here didn't help. Ultimately if you work with your bypass, whatever the road you take, your journey will be successful.

Half the reason i eat so little is becasue im soo scared, its weird im alost scared of food now, i actually hate food now to be honest, i just find it boring.

for example, bacon, i used to be a total bacon head, but i had a bit at the weekend and i just saw it as greesy even tho it was grilled to perfection ( i am an amazing chef lol - jk)

All i eat really is things like rivita and yogurt mabye a bit of hummus, sometimes toast, and veg, nothign really appeals to me anymore...

however to be honest im happy with that as im here to loose weight and well that the point, just hoping that i eventually feel less weary of food..

I was exactly the same. And always worried because I could eat more. It took me almost a year to make peace with that and some of the comments I got here didn't help. Ultimately if you work with your bypass, whatever the road you take, your journey will be successful.

Do you mean people were giving you a hard time/comments were not supportive as they also thought you were eating too much? :( x x

Thank you Yvessa, I do know where you are coming from. And I wholeheartedly agree, I think in time I will learn to accept my path. Just early days, and early worries. Have to remind myself we are playing the long game here.

Half the reason i eat so little is becasue im soo scared, its weird im alost scared of food now, i actually hate food now to be honest, i just find it boring.

Alex, that's one thing I'm not worried about, lol. I'm not in the least bit afraid of food. I still see it as something to enjoy, all be it in moderation. And in that sense the bypass has so far given me what I wanted, a more relaxed and "normal" relationship with food. I always ate good quality food with my family and friends, and ate all the crap in secret. Now I just don't eat the crap. I'm not very sensitive, so no intolerances, and I love high protein foods. So when I think about it logically, I'm pretty lucky.

Do you mean people were giving you a hard time/comments were not supportive as they also thought you were eating too much? :( x x
To be honest, to some extent it was self enforced particularly in view of the fact that many people can't eat as much as I can. However I did come under attack from one poster who made me feel about 2 inches tall at the time. I'm sure we can guess who it is, and equally, I can let that one pass. But I do find sometimes there can be a lot of judgement in the wls post-op world that doesn't need to be there.

Back