• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anyone help me with this one?

shannon_hilder

i am now 11 days post op, i dont have a clue about what i should be looking for on the sides of my packets with concerning sugar levels, carbs and fat intake... most people on here seem to know what the recommended levels are but for some reason i dont..the dietitian hasnt given me any guidelines.... i also need to find out what is the recommended intake for these per day....i have spent the last few days on google looking for this information but i cant seem to find it anywhere..which is leading me to just drinking milk as i have no guidance...please please someone help me, i allready think my body is in starvation mode:confused:

I was told 5% fat and 8% sugar per 100g and i always try to stick within this amount.Hope this helps.

I've never counted carbs i try to keep my protein quite high. Noticed your only 11 days since your bypass are you allowed food yet as i was on liquids only for 3 weeks.

i am on the puree stage... just frightened of putting anything in my mouth at the minute unless it has absolutely no sugar in it :-(

The thought of vomiting or dumping is proper scary isn't it?Thanks for the info re the sugar and fat, it'll come in handy when I go onto puree.
xx

Hi All,

I got a diet sheet to follow when I was discharged and it has helped me chose what foods to eat. It advises 6 portions of protiens, 2 portions carbs, 2 portions veg and 2 portions of fruit.

For example:

1/3 pint of milk is = 1 portion of protein
1 diet yoghurt = 1 portion of protein
100mls of tomato juice = 1 portion of veg
100mls of unsweetened fruit juice = 1 portion of fruit.

Hope this helps :) x

Thank you mightyminx, i got the same diet sheet, i was just curious on the carbs, sugar and fat intake on the sides of packets... for example i know that many fruit juices have a higher sugar content in them than others, its just to help me make the right choices when i am shopping xx

I haven't actually got a Dummies Guide, but did see them on Amazon when I was looking for chewable vitamins x

Amazon do the wls guide for dummies quiet cheap.
As for fats I was told 3g per 100g and sugars 5g per 100g.
But then things on my diet sheet like muller light yoghurts are higher than that when you look at the labels so I'm still confused.

ordered the weight loss for dummies guide off of amazon along with a few other books....i had some pure prune juice last night and it wasnt a good idea..at least i think it was the prune juice, but i love it so much ...dont think i will be trying that in a hurry again though... i still dont know how to sort out my fitness pal though for the day in relation to carbs and fats...i get the protein bit though...i might just have to do some more research or maybe even ring the dietician, thanks everyone xx

When it was suggested to me to have prune juice it was suggested to dilute it about 50/50 post op so I didn't get a severe reaction as with all fruit juices.

Back