• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can guests to site view my avatar/photos etc?

Samsara

Hello - the reason I haven't added any pictures of myself yet is that I don't want the ex and any colleagues at work trying to look me up etc and if there is a pic attached to my profile this of course makes it easier to find me. Is the avatar and any profile pic and albums available for viewing to non-signed up/non-signed in members? Thanks x x

According to forum FAQ it says don't put anything on our user profile that you don't want to be seen publically. Also the link explains about the way you can store/share your photo albums. The FAQ link is at third link on the dark green box at the top of the Internet page.

There's privacy options in your user cp for your profile which includes the pic you upload there. You can set quite a few things to "only members" not sure about the actual Avatar for the forums.

Ok - seems I can hide my profile picture to registered members only. But there is no option to hide the avatar pic...

You can set your photo album so that only accepted friends can see them.

The profile pic is the photo you have on your profile, your avater is the one that goes under you name in your posts :) I only found this out after noticing my mine were different. As far as I can tell you can't hide your avater from the public. So if you are worried Samsara maybe just have a profile pic and private albums :) x

Thank you, yes, they are definitely two different pictures in two different places - as I added them both to check. Then I removed the avatar and changed the privacy setting for the profile picture! x x

You need a minimum of 50 posts to view profiles so guests, search engines new members (until they have 50 posts) cannot view your profile which includes your albums.

But there are options to select only friends on your friends list etc.

Pierce

Back