• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can not break 12 stone barrier!

EmmaLouise81

I can honestly say since my surgery in June 2011 this has been the first time my weight has been on my mind so much. It is nearly 3am and I am up thinking about it!

Nearly 25 stone at heaviest, 22st on day of op and now 12st 4. I just can not get my weight to shift any lower, in and ideal world I would like a few more stone off but even 1 more would be enough but nothing seems to be working.

I am trying to get some exercise in but to be honest having M.E has made this difficult especially as that has been worse of late. At this stage of the game does anyone know how many calories I should be having? I am going at end of January to my dietician but would rather have some answers now. Also find myself panicking that I can eat too much, I am getting a little obsessed by this and it is taking its toll on me.

Should I do the 5 day pouch test, just to clear the slate and start again? I am a bridesmaid in April so I guess that's why my weight is constantly on my mind. Watched the biggest loser and remembered how I was that size not so long ago, eased my ,ind for a while but again today it's just weight, weight, weight with me.

I understand until my dying day weight will figure in my life but I can't bare this feeling of constant worrying of how I can lose more weight and I seem to be going in circles.

Any advice, of any type very, very much appreciated!
Emma

I hit a stall around the same point and then joined Ww. The radical change in diet (ie higher carb content) for some bizarre reason shook my body up n got me back moving week on week :)

I can honestly say since my surgery in June 2011 this has been the first time my weight has been on my mind so much. It is nearly 3am and I am up thinking about it!

Nearly 25 stone at heaviest, 22st on day of op and now 12st 4. I just can not get my weight to shift any lower, in and ideal world I would like a few more stone off but even 1 more would be enough but nothing seems to be working.

I am trying to get some exercise in but to be honest having M.E has made this difficult especially as that has been worse of late. At this stage of the game does anyone know how many calories I should be having? I am going at end of January to my dietician but would rather have some answers now. Also find myself panicking that I can eat too much, I am getting a little obsessed by this and it is taking its toll on me.

Should I do the 5 day pouch test, just to clear the slate and start again? I am a bridesmaid in April so I guess that's why my weight is constantly on my mind. Watched the biggest loser and remembered how I was that size not so long ago, eased my ,ind for a while but again today it's just weight, weight, weight with me.

I understand until my dying day weight will figure in my life but I can't bare this feeling of constant worrying of how I can lose more weight and I seem to be going in circles.

Any advice, of any type very, very much appreciated!
Emma

Hi Emma you had your op 2 months prior to me and we were similar weights I was 24st 11 at the very start, 22st on op day and I am floating around 14st 5 n 14st 7. So you are doing better than me. I HAVE HAD A FEW STALLS ALONG THE WAY. The only thing is ride themout for me, cut down me carbs add protein seems to work but a change for a week where you have more carbs then try swapping it back, just makes the body think summat different is happening it has to do some work. I am in a rut lot of stress at mo and have been eating well but having crap as well stuff left over from Christmas hence the 3lb difference in weights. I am trying to get out of the habit of having sweet things again other than fruit, but it is difficult. Good luck xx:flirt2:

I've not had my op yet but agree with Jo, sometimes a change is all ur body needs! I really feel for becoz u have done amazing but it sounds like ur not realizing just how much! I hate the thought of my weight issues being with me the rest of my life but am also one of those people that is harsh on myself and in my head I can never lose enough!

I really hope u get to where u want to be soon and it enables u to relax about it a little.xx

Hi Emma,

I had my op end of sept 2010,
And I am also am struggling to lose my last couple of stone.
I still feel I've let myself down even though my surgeon last week told me I'd lost 77% of my excess weight.
My size is 12/14 trouser and 8/10 top.
Is it rare for a bypasser to lose 100% of excess weight I wonder?
My loose skin to a certain extent won't allow me to get much smaller I think.
But like yourself it's been really playing on my mind lately about a bit of a weight gain over Xmas.
I'm petrified this has happened how could I have allowed it to happen???
My biggest fear is getting massive again after having a major operation all for nothing.

Thank you everyone, it's true I am my biggest critic. I am cutting down on the carbs and going to up the exercise, maybe my body just needs a change.

Good luck hope you get to your goal for the wedding xx

Back